Results 31 to 31 of 31
11-07-2015, 09:39 AM #31
New firmware update announced today.
This release is for the OPPO BDP-103, BDP-105, BDP-103D and BDP-105D Blu-ray Disc players.
- Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
- This firmware is designed to work with Apple iOS and Android MediaControl applications version 4.0 or later, which added support for TIDAL Music Streaming.
Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP10X-77-0827, the major changes included in this version are:
- Added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. Requires use of OPPO MediaControl App v4.0 on your smartphone or tablet.
- Improved subtitle support for user-created media.
- Improved support for user-created WAV files with non-standard metadata tags.
- Improved gapless playback for 176 / 88.2 kHz WAV files.
- Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
- Resolved an issue where AIFF file playback would result in white noise when headphones were connected to the BDP-105(D).
- Resolved a bass management issue where the subwoofer would clip when 0 dB signals were sent to all channels when one speaker was set to small.
- Resolved a frame rate conversion issue where 25 Hz and 50 Hz user-created media was converted to 60 Hz when TV System was set to Multi.
- Resolved an audio loss issue that could occur with MKV files with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio tracks. For proper bitstream output of a Dolby TrueHD sound track in MKV files, the sound track must contain the full Dolby TrueHD audio data, including both the MLP and AC3 parts. If the AC3 part has been stripped out, the MLP audio cannot be output as bitstream and will be decoded into LPCM. The resultant LPCM will retain the full quality of Dolby TrueHD.
- Added support for ARIB STD-B25 and ISDB fonts.
- Fixed a channel re-mapping error where 7.1 MKV plays as 5.1 in the beta firmware 79-0711B.
- Resolved an issue where some MP3 files bought from Amazon Music Store are skipped in the beta firmware 79-0711B.
- Resolved an issue where "Exiting" YouTube doesn't return to the Home menu.
- Removed the Picasa application from Home Menu.
- Resolved an issue in Tidal where the "HIFI" indictor would not light up in the “Now Playing” screen for the first track. (Requires the upcoming OPPO MediaControl v4.0.1).
- Fixed an issue where the RS-232 command #QPL responds with @QPL OK HOME when the player is in the following states: “NO DISC”, “LOADING”, “OPEN”, and “CLOSE”.
- General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples. Expanded the character set library to support more languages in external subtitles.
All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.