OPPO BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray Firmware Update
Oppo Digital has just released an official firmware update for the BDP-93 and BDP-95 Blu-ray players.
Release notes, from the update page:
For more information about this update and detailed installation instructions, please visit the Oppo product support page. OPPO Digital - Support
This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-93 and BDP-95 Blu-ray Disc players. Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP9x-74-0908
, the major changes are:
- Resolved a playback issue with several Blu-ray movies recently released by HBO Studios. Known titles include "Parade's End" and "Behind the Candelabra". Customers have reported that once the disc is loaded and the Main Menu shows, either choosing the PLAY option or selecting a scene will cause the player to lock up with nothing on the TV screen and zeroes displayed on the front panel of the player. This issue has been resolved.
- Resolved a loading issue with several TV episodes in the Film Fresh application. Customers have reported that those episode would fail to load and cause the player to lock-up. Samples included "Super Natural". This issue has been resolved.
- Improved support for the "Episode Resume" feature found on "Game of Thrones: Season 1 (BD, 2012)". It is similar to the "Disc Unbound" feature observed on new FOX releases, which allows the audience to select the episode located on another disc, and once the correct disc is loaded, the player will directly jump to the pre-selected episode and start to play.
- Resolved a playback issue with some MKV files. Customers have reported that if they keep pressing the FWD button to increase the fast forward speed to 3x and beyond, the current playback would automatically stop. This issue has been resolved.
- Added an "OFF" option to the OSD Mode setting, which hides all of the on-screen information unless the DISPLAY button is pressed. This can be set in "Setup Menu"->"Video Setup" -> "Display Options" -> "OSD Mode".
- Expanded the Subtitle Shift option from "-5 ~ +5" to "-10 ~ +10", which allows finer control of the subtitle position on the display screen.
- General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.