Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Audiophile Headphones Make It To First Class Seats

No Delta didn't hand out high end headphones (but what a great idea) however on the 767-300 that I flew out to Atlanta (onto Philly) this week there were a LOT of people turning down the free ear buds because they had their own "cans".

Here's What I Saw:
    • My wife uses a pair of Audio Technica headphones that fold up and do noise canceling.
    • I use Etymotic ER-4s with custom ear molds - nice for blocking our crying babies as well as crying adults.
    • The two mexican guys in front of me BOTH had the around-ear B&O headphones. Very cool design statement.
    • The woman in front of me to the right had the Bowers and Wilkins as did another person.

Note: no Beats by Dre in first.

Its good to see high end headphones showing up with more of the masses.

Do you think iPads are pushing people to be more audio centric starting with headphones or is everybody just going deaf from LOUD MP3 files being blasted into their ears?

Where do you stand?

If I traveled I would have some type of quality headphones. The free ones they hand out on the plane are pretty bad, but they are free and keep our daughter busy.

While first class may have first class tastes -at least in terms of "mainstream" cans I can't say the same for the folks at my gym where Beats by Dre ear warmers are always on full display. I don't mind the new Beats by Dre Pro headphones but the earlier offerings are crap.

Banned!!!

How about it if we have a report on the very best of in ear bud headphones, particularly the ones with the best extended bass response? There is a supplier of ours that have them from Pioneer. What say you?

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

This should be its own threads.

I use Etymotic Research with custom ear molds.

I have bought the top of the like Ultimate Ears UE10s ($1000) but couldn't get them to fit into my ears correctly. Sold them at a pretty significant loss on Ebay but this is what most musicians use.

There are a BUNCH of reviews on HomeTheaterReview.com of other ear buds. We are going to be doing many more in the future.

Banned!!!

Name:  9mmearbuds.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  7.7 KB
    Check these earbuds made from 9mm Shell casings! The bass is supposed to be rediculous. Munitio SiTi (model number). You can blow your brains out with these earbuds!

Looks like my kind of earbuds.

Question

From a purely performance standpoint, would headphones outperform earbuds?
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by k0rww View Post
    From a purely performance standpoint, would headphones outperform earbuds?
    Potentially, I would think they could. Much larger driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhookup View Post
    Name:  9mmearbuds.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  7.7 KB
    Check these earbuds made from 9mm Shell casings! The bass is supposed to be rediculous. Munitio SiTi (model number). You can blow your brains out with these earbuds!
    Just what I want!

Point a pair of 9mm shells into my brain......... Sorry not suicidal and see it as poor form to wear them. I'll keep my Etymotic's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast