Cables To Go Rebrands as C2G

from cepro, Cables To Go Rebrands as C2G

========
    from cepro,
    "Cables To Go, a provider of high-performance cabling and connectivity solutions, has rebranded as C2G.

C2G says the new name will help communicate a broader direction of products and tools and planned geographic expansion across Europe.

"Over the years our product portfolio has grown beyond cabling to include A/V connectivity solutions that utilize the latest technology to provide more options for our customers," says Bill Diederich, president and CEO of Lastar, parent company of C2G.

"With the C2G brand, we now have better alignment between our products and brand that communicates our offering to key partners and customers. With a remarkable 28 years of experience as the trusted partner in connectivity - expertly delivering quality solutions and an extraordinary customer experience every time - we are poised to realize our full potential in getting our customers and partners connected,” said

C2G is launching several products at InfoComm 2012, including upgrades to its RapidRun Multi-Format cable line, TruLink HDMI over Cat5 and TruLink Media Gateway products, and the availability of ConnectXpress, a guided, self-service platform for selecting connectivity solutions."
    =======
    Last edited by TrippleJ; 06-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Man, I haven;t thought of these guys in FOREVER.

How many cable companies can there be out there?

I like Transparent. An American success story. Good products. Best pride of ownership out there. Great trade up program. Audio and Video cables.

Kimber is good too but more audiophile oriented.

Nordost is compelling but much more HIGH END in their market position.

What cables do you use? Who are you loyal to? Who do you aspire to own?

I just got six pairs of banana terminated 12Gauge speaker connects from C2G. Through Audioholics. $12 a pop. Best price I could find. Including Blu-Jean and Monoprice.

That's a super price for a 10' pair of speaker cables. That's hard to beat building it yourself.
    Last edited by k0rww; 07-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.
    Richard

Guys I have a problem.

I am currently running a 12 volt trigger from my Yamaha 995 receiver to an Outlaw 7125 amp. And a Logitech 700 for system control. The damm thing does not trigger the 7125. Left the amp running for 12 hours twice this week. Because I forgot to turn it (the amp) off after shutting down the system with the 700.

Any suggestions on how I may remedy this????

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by LanGood View Post
    Guys I have a problem.

I am currently running a 12 volt trigger from my Yamaha 995 receiver to an Outlaw 7125 amp. And a Logitech 700 for system control. The damm thing does not trigger the 7125. Left the amp running for 12 hours twice this week. Because I forgot to turn it (the amp) off after shutting down the system with the 700.

Any suggestions on how I may remedy this????

Alan.
    Hi LanGood,

Did it ever work?
    Is the Yamaha turing the Outlaw on but not off?

If, it never worked, have you checked to be sure the trigger cable is plugged in fully and in the right jacks?

Substitution works best. Do you have another pre-pro or AVR you can use to test the Outlaw for shutdown?
    Do you have another mono audio cable with 1/8" connectors on both ends to try?
    Triggering has pretty simple requirements by the Outlaw, something like 3-32 volts will trigger the relay.

If it works turning on, but not off, is a harder problem to solve. In this case I would call Yamaha and see what they had to say.
    Richard

Hi Richard.

It has never worked either way. I wonder if the signal from the Yamaha is enough to do the job. And if there is or was away to boost the signal strength. I am planning to upgrade to the Marantz AV7005 or the Onkyo 1009.

But I do not like the 7125 to run for such a long period unattended. As it does tend to get a bit hot.

This is my only gear. But will buy another mono audio cable. Thank you for the suggestions.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by LanGood View Post
    Hi Richard.

It has never worked either way. I wonder if the signal from the Yamaha is enough to do the job. And if there is or was away to boost the signal strength. I am planning to upgrade to the Marantz AV7005 or the Onkyo 1009.

But I do not like the 7125 to run for such a long period unattended. As it does tend to get a bit hot.

This is my only gear. But will buy another mono audio cable. Thank you for the suggestions.

Alan.
    Alan,

If you have a volt meter, run this test before buying another cable. With the Yamha off, unplug the trigger from the amp, set the volt meter to 20VDC, and connect the tip and shaft to the meter. Turn the Yamaha on and the meter should read around 12VDC. The Outlaw will work with the voltage between 3-32 VDC. If you're getting voltage it's probably the Outlaw. For the no voltage case, it could be the cable or the Yamaha.
    Richard

That's good really, it gives a new image to a company