Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Got the Harmony 900 in my house. It's not perfect but I got it for $60 in a pricing error so there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper52 View Post
    Got the Harmony 900 in my house. It's not perfect but I got it for $60 in a pricing error so there.
    That's the RF model, right? Are you using the RF, and if so, how well does it work. I need RF badly.

The Harmony 900 is RF but comes with an IR Blaster thing for components that need IR. Basically u set up the IR blaster near the components. When u send a command, it is RF, then it reaches the blaster and it then blasts IR signals for ur components. But if ur components RF then i guess you won't need the IR blaster.

There are very few components that I know of, that are RF. The blasters work great for me, I just hate having to keep the remote pointed directly at my IR extender while it send macros. I get interference at times and it doesn't complete the sequence.

@Tracy, it works pretty well for me. I can do commands from another room with the door closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    There are very few components that I know of, that are RF. The blasters work great for me, I just hate having to keep the remote pointed directly at my IR extender while it send macros. I get interference at times and it doesn't complete the sequence.
    My URC MX-980 has RF which works great but can't compete with Logitech's prices.
    Richard

Or ease of programming.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Crestron might consider buying it.

Control4 has a big press conference on Tuesday via webinar. Maybe that's what they are going to announce? I have no idea but they said it was big.

I have the Harmony 1100 with the RF module.. The RF is absolutely garbage. This has been a complaint from Harmony uses for quite sometime and Logitech has not offered a solution. A simple fix would be the come out with a new RF receiver that has better electronics and a much bigger and more powerful antenna.. I'm at the point to where I may just go back to IR. I would an IR repeater and have multiple Ir receivers connected in series around the room. I'm hoping this will allow me to use the remote and not worry about pointing it directly at the equipment since I should have ample Ir coverage around the room.
    Last edited by kevon27; 01-27-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post
    I have the Harmony 1100 with the RF module.. The RF is absolutely garbage. This has been a complaint from Harmony uses for quite sometime and Logitech has not offered a solution. A simple fix would be the come out with a new RF receiver that has better electronics and a much bigger and more powerful antenna.. I'm at the point to where I may just go back to IR. I would an IR repeater and have multiple Ir receivers connected in series around the room. I'm hoping this will allow me to use the remote and not worry about pointing it directly at the equipment since I should have ample Ir coverage around the room.
    I actually also had both 1100 and 900 but ended up selling the 1100 because of the RF as u stated. The 900 is RF to begin with while the 1100 is not (you had to purchase a separate RF receiver.)