Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had something happen I didn’t expect. My dealer asked me to spend some time playing with the amps and speakers. I have 3 of the Dali lines of speakers. Mentor’s, Ikon’s and Helicon’s. With the Marantz and the Ikon/Mentors, they sounded exactly the same between it and the A51. When I put the Helicon 300 MKii’s on the Marantz, sounded the same. Move them to the A51 and the room opened up, my son and I could tell immediately. It was a significant image improvement, dynamics, they just opened up. When I got the A23’s in, the wife did something she never does. She came downstairs and listened to music and HD concerts for 4 hours.
    Last thing to buy is 2 more pairs of Helicon 300 MKii’s for surround duty.

Welcome to the Parasound club. I really like the sound of my A51 and A23
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thank you, I could see these 4 amps sitting in my system for a good many years.

My amp upgrade itch has been scratched and I doubt it will be itching again anytime soon.
    David Vaughn

I'm not sure where to put this, but I was going through my stack of stuff and came across one of the best reviews I have ever read. Delete if this is something I should not post. Just reminded me of my Parasound Amps and I love the blue lights.
    This is a cable review.
    1.0 out of 5 stars Why did it have to be blue? June 28, 2008
    By Harmless Gryphon
    I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure. Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue.

lol. Now that is one creative writing skill with a twist at the end.

If you guys want a good laugh, venture over to Amazon and read some of the reviews on high-end Audioquest HDMI and power cables...they're very creative
    David Vaughn