Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EMP Tek's E5Bi Bookshelf Speaker - The OFFICIAL Thread

Name:  ESBi.jpg
Views: 2827
Size:  12.2 KB

I just took delivery of these mini two-way monitors this week and without giving too much away, they're awesome. They retail for $250/pair direct and are made by RBH out of Utah -though the cabinets and such, I believe, are sourced from China. Regardless, they come with a 30-day risk free trial and can be had in either black or Red Burl finish, both of which are high-gloss. The E5Bi's feature a five and a quarter inch aluminum woofer complimented by a one-inch fabric dome tweeter that is, well, amazing given it's pedigree. My full review will be coming soon but I thought I'd give you all a sneak peak or perhaps a jump start on things by sharing some positive thoughts now. They're really good. If you're in the market and are shopping brands such as SVS, Aperion, HSU or even Paradigm, I'd definitely add EMP to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Robinson View Post
    Name:  ESBi.jpg
Views: 2827
Size:  12.2 KB

I just took delivery of these mini two-way monitors this week and without giving too much away, they're awesome. They retail for $250/pair direct and are made by RBH out of Utah -though the cabinets and such, I believe, are sourced from China. Regardless, they come with a 30-day risk free trial and can be had in either black or Red Burl finish, both of which are high-gloss. The E5Bi's feature a five and a quarter inch aluminum woofer complimented by a one-inch fabric dome tweeter that is, well, amazing given it's pedigree. My full review will be coming soon but I thought I'd give you all a sneak peak or perhaps a jump start on things by sharing some positive thoughts now. They're really good. If you're in the market and are shopping brands such as SVS, Aperion, HSU or even Paradigm, I'd definitely add EMP to the list.
    What's going on down there in Utah anyway - a secret plan to take over the earth using high-end audio (Wilson, Tekton, Emtek, ZU, and the beat goes on)!!!!!
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR L/R, Infinity Overture 1 center, Front hgts, and side surrounds, Infinity FPS-1000 Rear surround and rear hgt, Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2), (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Denon AVR X4300H, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 8 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1060gtx 6gb,Hybrid tube DAC W/Burson Vivid, Silicondust HDHR3 Prime, TCL 4K 55 inch LCD, Vivitek HK2288 4K Projector

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the EMP bookshelf speakers might just be the best "cheap" speakers I've heard to date. Just stunning. At $250/pair they're worth having just to keep other speakers in your setup (and you) honest.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the EMP bookshelf speakers might just be the best "cheap" speakers I've heard to date. Just stunning. At $250/pair they're worth having just to keep other speakers in your setup (and you) honest.
    That's quite an endorsement Mr. Robinson. I wouldn't be surprised to see this quoted in an advertisement. I have a pair on my list of upgrades for my computer room listening.
    Richard

Wow I can't wait for the review of these, the matching towers and the big e56i center, I'm on the verge of ordering these......

Awesome. Would you say they're better than the Pioneer Andrew Jones floorstanders? I ask because my cousin is looking around at this price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper52 View Post
    Awesome. Would you say they're better than the Pioneer Andrew Jones floorstanders? I ask because my cousin is looking around at this price range.
    Yeah I would like to know that also, in addtion can you comment any on the center, floorstanders or sub?

I would have to say the EMP Tek bookshelf speakers (not to mention the rest of the EMP Tek line) is a definite step up from the Pioneers as good as the Pioneers are. The EMP Tek line is on par with the likes of SVS, Aperion, Paradigm Monitor and Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series in many regards.

Thx Andrew

I would have to say the EMP Tek bookshelf speakers (not to mention the rest of the EMP Tek line) is a definite step up from the Pioneers as good as the Pioneers are. The EMP Tek line is on par with the likes of SVS, Aperion, Paradigm Monitor and Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series in many regards.
    WOW thanks man.......