DirecTV To Add Voice Control To Apps

Name:  DTV_app.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  10.6 KB

I really like the DirecTV app for the iPad. Using it, gives me WiFi control over my DirecTV HD DVR box, with more reliable control than even the OEM remote.

Now, DirecTV has announced that they will be adding voice control to the iOS and Android Apps. The new apps, available later this summer, will all users to search for programming by speaking into the tablet or smart phone. Search parameters include searches by person, title, channel show time or genre. You will also be able to change the channel with the new app, and set recordings while you are away and logged into your home network.

DirecTV will begin Beta Testing the app soon, in preparation for the summer release.

I intend to download this app, another toy to play with. I just wish that you could download apps from the designers instead of from iTunes.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by k0rww View Post
    I intend to download this app, another toy to play with. I just wish that you could download apps from the designers instead of from iTunes.
    That would be nice, the apps would be available sooner. Since the Android versions do not need to be sold in the iTunes store, they are usually available before the iOS versions.