Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned!!!

Green Giant: I would like to know what your ancillary equipment is you are using (A/V Receiver or processor), etc. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by green giant View Post
    Sure,

I've had a good week now of really listening to the Palladiums and can do some comparisons if you would like. Primarily 2 channel stereo at this point.

I also think the post regarding thinking of the Triton 2's (and 3's) as a full range speaker with active woofers is really a better way to view them. In a modest system, they could absolutely fill the role of subwoofer. But, I think that is a really accurate description.

As for the Klipsch Palladium P37's vs the Triton 2's, again a huge price difference at MSRP.

The palladiums do not have gobs of low end, the Triton's actually would walk all over them on low end extension and output. Now on the flip side the Palladiums are much, much faster and tighter in the low end.

I am running dual Velodyne SPL 1200's (sealed 12 inch woofers) crossed over at 60hz with them.

I will say this, I absolutely LOVE the Palladiums. Strange in that I like bass, but I really am a guitar rock guy and I like a snappy snare drum. The Palladiums are the best rock and roll speaker I have heard through the midrange and top end in my life. A bit forward, but NOT bright like people think of klipsch. They are just spectacular. They also have a much wider dispersion than the Triton 2's. The caveat here is that I need the subwoofers with them (one good sub would be fine but 2 have allowed me to smooth the response and eliminate localization). If I didn't have subs, I'd need to get the bigger palladiums (and the 39's are outrageously priced).

I've also done a lot of listening to the Paradigm Studio Series and the Klipsch Reference series - both have much more low end than the palladiums, it's not nearly as tight or defined but it's there.

I actually think the paradigm studio series are brighter than the reference series, but also a bit more detailed on separation of instruments etc.

But, if there are things you have liked about horns in the past, but things you saw as drawbacks - check out the palladiums.

I'm actually considering selling mine (the 37's) and trying to get some 38's on demo etc.

My velodyne subs are pretty musical and tight as sealed 12's and back in the day they were a 1200 dollar or so subwoofer. They are working nicely. I'm also now sold on having 2 subs.

I'd love to hear the palladiums teamed up with something like a couple rythmik subs as they are really fast and tight. The paradigm sub 12's or jl audio would be nice also, but then we are getting into the stratosphere on pricing.

The other thing is, like most klipsch speakers, they are effecient. I have a 15 year old plus Harman Kardon signature series amp pushing them and they are plenty loud and clean. Old school harman though. US built, huge power supply etc.

So, yes, I love these palladiums for me. I had the chance to buy some mint B+W 802's (not the diamonds) and really liked these better.

So, I found a keeper, unless I can sell them and bump up to the 38's...

Quote Originally Posted by incidentflux View Post
    My solution is unorthodox, and worked in my case. I connected my 13 years plus old Aiwa Mini HiFi SX-N999 speakers as left, right presence speakers (Yay Yamaha! RX-A840 and Cinema DSP!).

Signal flow
    Realtek HD (1150) S/PDIF 2 Ch (PCM) --> Yamaha RX-A840 7.1 (Cinema DSP) --> LR: Triton Three, C: SuperSat 50C, LR Presence: Aiwa SX-N999
    You connected two Aiwa speakers, in conjunction with the Triton Threes? Are they being used as rear channel speakers?

No, they are connected as Front, Left and Right, Presence speakers (Yamaha AVR feature). It's giving me that wall of sound, room filing experience. Because I have on the ground (carpet), and a sofa seating arrangement.
    HiFi: Realtek ALC1150, Audigy 2 ZS, Yamaha RX-A840, GoldenEar Triton Three (LR), Aiwa SX-N999 (LR Presence), GoldenEar SuperSat 50C, QED and Real Cables, Samsung 5+ 60" Plasma, Desktop: Creative Inspire T7700, Travel: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms, Shure SE 215

Quote Originally Posted by incidentflux View Post
    No, they are connected as Front, Left and Right, Presence speakers (Yamaha AVR feature). It's giving me that wall of sound, room filing experience. Because I have on the ground (carpet), and a sofa seating arrangement.
    Something like "Height" channels, I assume.

Sounds like a sonic mismatch to me, but if it works in your room, then that's great. One thing that I have learned early on, is what works for my room might not work for someone else.

I'm curious, how did you hear about Golden Ear speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Something like "Height" channels, I assume.

Sounds like a sonic mismatch to me, but if it works in your room, then that's great. One thing that I have learned early on, is what works for my room might not work for someone else.
    Yes, they look like front height speakers, according to the RX-A840 AVR room diagram, but I placed them right next to the Tritons, on small tables, basically they reach approx half height of the Triton Threes.

I'm curious, how did you hear about Golden Ear speakers?
    Faisal, the sales representative at DG+ in Dubai, recommended GoldenEar and Monitor Audio. It was a welcome refreshing change to get spot on recommendations with gear. Even the AVR, Love the Aventage RX-A840 AVR he suggested, the front LR presence outputs (life saver) and Cinema DSP is outstanding.

This diagram is only showing connected speakers, except, I don't have a dedicated subwoofer, Tritons take care of that.

HiFi: Realtek ALC1150, Audigy 2 ZS, Yamaha RX-A840, GoldenEar Triton Three (LR), Aiwa SX-N999 (LR Presence), GoldenEar SuperSat 50C, QED and Real Cables, Samsung 5+ 60" Plasma, Desktop: Creative Inspire T7700, Travel: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms, Shure SE 215

How long have you had the Triton Threes, and about how many hours have you played them?

Despite what some people might believe, in my experience speakers do sound different after they have been played for a while. They seem to image better, and sound more "open".

How long have you had the Triton Threes, and about how many hours have you played them?

Despite what some people might believe, in my experience speakers do sound different after they have been played for a while. They seem to image better, and sound more "open".
    I got them on December 17th, about 12 plus hours approx.

I agree, I think it's mostly our HRTF getting trained, plus the speakers breaking in to some extent.

Now I'm looking at Genelec 6010As, or preferably Genelec G Twos (G-series), but they're not sold in the UAE so far as a 2.1 desktop replacement.

12 hours is nothing. Put some more hours on the Golden Ears, before you make any assumptions about them.

I used to think that speaker break in was something manufacturers made up, but it's real.

I heard the Triton Twos at CEDIA, and was really impressed how they imaged.

No assumptions, just my subjective comment, from what I know which is very little.

Only thing I've learned with speakers, headphones and audio is I can't expect any speaker system (at whatever cost) to be perfect. I wanted a wider and lower dispersion field, with "something else (hard to describe)" for rock music, which I thankfully achieved by adding the Aiwas. Considering, I also have the Supersat 50C center for enhanced highs, mids.

Side comment: I did some listening tests by adding the Aiwas as 'large' Side LRs, but that just added long staying bass bloat vibrations, very annoying. Re-connected them back as Front Presence LR. Guess The Yamaha DSP does some voodoo. Even though placement wise, they would've made sense as side LRs, positioned at fronts, which is what the Yamaha config allowed me to do, but not the same with presence speakers.

The Triton Threes truly give me a very solid tight bass for Progressive House and Hip Hop (Fit Radio Hip Hop sounds tremendous). A very clean sound whilst playing movies.

They really shine with higher resolution source music. Too bad that's hard to find over streaming services.

I have the Goldenear Triton Twos. I originally wanted them to replace my two front mains and also the two older Velodyne subs. But at the volumes I like to listen, which is to say that I like the occasional 100dB average music with 110-115dB peaks. From 20-80Hz, at these levels, I had to keep the subs. That said, the GE speakers do sound really really good. The bass is flat down to 32Hz in my room, and have good output all the way to 24Hz at 80-85dB. I hindsight, I may have needed only the Goldenear Triton 5's or 7's, or could have gone with GE Aons, KEF LS50s, maybe some B&W bookshelfs, but little else will compete in the $2,000-$3,000 per pair price range with GE speakers at such amazingly good sound.

But for those who like to rock out and do so loudly, a dedicated subwoofer or two may be required for any full-range speaker. Above sub-bass levels, though, the GEs can rock out.