Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I'm still running an older Onkyo AVR, the TX-SR705 in my family room system. It works great but man, does it run hot.
    Good in the winter, not so good in the summer.
    Richard

I'm in the market for a Pre/Pro myself. My ultimate goal is the Krell Foundation but Marantz starts to look better and better for its value.
    One thing about Yamaha, I just can't understand why Yamaha would not use balance output for subwoofer??
    Anybody have an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by airbusdriver View Post
    I'm in the market for a Pre/Pro myself. My ultimate goal is the Krell Foundation but Marantz starts to look better and better for its value.
    One thing about Yamaha, I just can't understand why Yamaha would not use balance output for subwoofer??
    Anybody have an idea?

Few people actually use balanced for subwoofers, I know I ran all balanced but single ended for my sub. I doubt the Yamaha is truly balanced, so in that case there is little to no benefit to running one verses the other…..

I'm not sure that any pre/pro in the Yamaha's price range has a truly balanced output section. Yes, the XLR connectors are there, but that doesn't really mean the output section has a balanced output.

I would suspect the Krell is.

Does the Marantz audyssey work heaps betterthan the yamaha room sound correction? Is Audyssey worth the extra dollars? What's better on the yamaha cxa5000 vs the Marantz av8801? For music, is sound quality better on either? I could get a cd player with the dollars I save on the yamaha.

I can not comment on the differences in the room correction. However, if you don't already have a Blu-ray player, I would suggest an Oppo. They are great Blu-ray players and also play CD, DVD, SACD and DVD-Audio discs.

Was alway planning to very a oppo but thought I'd I save dollars on the yamaha, I could then get the oppo 103 pre the darbee edition 103 and save dollars here again and then have enough dollars to get a stand alone cd player. Or is the oppo going to be the best player. I also thought I could movies playing abs have the cd player readyto go for music instead of swapping disc's.

I have never owned a truly high-end CD player. What I can say is that the Oppo BDP-103 does a great job with CDs.

If you are looking to get into a CD player with better DACs, the BDP-105 running analog is supposed to be pretty good.

Here's another option:

Emotiva ERC-3 $499.00

Taking CDs to the Next Level
    Even in today’s download age, most of your best music is still on CDs. You probably have hundreds, if not thousands of them. But finding a player that can treat them right and bring out their best can be difficult, especially if you don’t want to spend thousands… until now. The all-new Emotiva ERC-3 sets a new standard for exceptional compact disc playback, at a price that will leave you breathless.
    Last edited by k0rww; 02-02-2014 at 01:07 AM.
    Richard

Yeah. I'm kinda not impressed with Emotiva. And want to stick to brands that are available in Australia. I keep hearing about the oppo 105, and I had settled on that selection, but it's double the price of the 103, and thought I would very the 103 or maybe the darbee 103 and with the money I save on that choice plus if I end up getting the yamaha propre amp is save a few more dollars abd then be able to afford a stand alone cd player. .. is this thinking good, or should I just get the oppo 105? I guess my real question is well I find a better music player that is the cost of a oppo 105? Or would I have to spend double to get a better cd player?