Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outlaw Audio Model 7200 Sale

Name:  7200main.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  4.4 KB

I just received an email from Outlaw Audio announcing a sale on their Model 7200 power amplifier.

The Model 7200 is the company's most powerful single ended amp, with seven channels of amplification. This amp is capable of powering even the most difficult to drive speakers with 200 watts of power into 8 ohms, with ALL SEVEN channels driven simultaneously. If you have 4 ohm speakers, the 7200 will deliver 300 watts per channel. This is no weenie power amp, for sure.

Here are the complete specs from the Outlaw Audio website.
    Specifications

• Power output: 200 watts RMS x 7 (all channels driven simultaneously into 8 ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 0.05% total harmonic distortion). 300 watts RMS x 7 @ 4 ohms
    • Signal to Noise: >119dB below rated FTCfull bandwidth power
    • Power Bandwidth: 5 Hz - over 100 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
    • Crosstalk: Greater than -100 dB from 20 Hz to 20 KHz
    • Intermodulation Distortion: Less than .03% from 250mV to full rated FTC power
    • Voltage gain: RCA 28dB.
    • Slew rate: 50 Volts/microsecond
    • Remote Trigger voltage: 3 - 32 volts DC
    • Power requirements: 115 V 50-60 Hz
    • Power consumption: 1,800 watts (maximum)
    • Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.2 x 7.75 with feet x 18 (inches)
    • Weight: 90 (lbs)

Now until September 30th, you can get the Model 7200 for $1599 which is a $340 savings. Outlaw Audio is also offering free shipping.

Here's a link to Jerry's review of the Model 7200, on HomeTheaterReview.com
    Outlaw Audio 7200 7-Channel Power Amplifier Reviewed

High Points
    • For a large budget amp the 7200 possesses surprising musicality rich with inner detail and extremely resolute for its price.
    • The 7200's sound favors a bit more of the midrange and lower registers and has a smooth, though not all together "airy" top end that makes it more palpable and less edgy at extreme volumes.
    • The 7200's power output is more than adequate to drive any brand of speaker available today including power hungry pigs like Magnepan 3.6's or MartinLogan CLS.
    • The 7200's industrial design mates well with other components and shows that Outlaw put every penny of its cost into the performance.

Tracy,
    I also received the email. I think it's time to get the 7200 and a 975 processor. I have a noob question for everyone.
    My current speakers are:
    Boston Acoustics Lynnfield VR970 Mains each w/ powered 10" woofer, 12" passive
    BA VR12 Center
    BA VR-MX Surrounds
    I have been offered a pair of Polk Audio LSi15's in really nice condition. Problem is, they are 4 ohm where everything else in my system is 8 ohm.
    I would love to use them in the back of the room for surrounds or what ever makes sense.
    Is it possible to integrate a 4 ohm set where everything else is 8 ohm?

Thanks,
    Chris

http://www.hometheaterequipment.com/...-theater-1209/

Chris, I am running a mixed speaker load in my current home theater. I have 4 ohm speakers for my main left and right channels. Everything else is an 8 ohm speaker.

This is one of the major advantages of having a dedicated power amp, as opposed to a receiver. A good power amp won't care about mixed loads.

Tracy, I picked up the Outlaw 7200 & the 975 and I love it. All I need now are the speakers I was offered.
    Very easy to setup and my system sounds much better than with my old Yamaha receiver... once I dialed in the speakers.
    I'd like to add that the Outlaw is freaking heavy. I brought it upstairs and step at a time. Didn't think I was going to make it.

Good to hear. I would love to see some photos of your setup.

speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Good to hear. I would love to see some photos of your setup.
    I'll add some photos soon. Made some major changes to my equipment rack.

So, back to the 7200 amp. I will be adding 2 full size 4 ohm speakers. One with a 50' or so wire run.
    I am thinking I'll need 10 gauge wire. Guessing I don't need to match the wire length as I can adjust the volume individually.

Sound right?

You 'might' get a phase/impedance problem with different length speaker wires, not just a volume difference.
    JR
    A 90 lb. amplifier? Hope you have a dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    You 'might' get a phase/impedance problem with different length speaker wires, not just a volume difference.
    I am running a Sunfire amp. My front three speakers are all 35 foot runs. Two are 4 ohm and the center is 8 ohms.

My rears are both 8 ohms and the cables are around ten feet each.

I don't have any issues, but I know all amps are not the same. I wouldn't think it would be an issue with an Outlaw amp,but I have never owned one.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    A 90 lb. amplifier? Hope you have a dolly.
    C'mon! My last amp for the fronts weighed 175 pounds (190 shipping weight) and I packed and unpacked it a few times by myself..... OK, I did use a dolly to get it to the door.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I am running a Sunfire amp. My front three speakers are all 35 foot runs. Two are 4 ohm and the center is 8 ohms.

My rears are both 8 ohms and the cables are around ten feet each.

I don't have any issues, but I know all amps are not the same. I wouldn't think it would be an issue with an Outlaw amp,but I have never owned one.
    So, for example, your rears each have a 10' cable. Would it be an issue if one of the rears had a 10' cable and the other had a 50' cable?
    My gear is setup where I have to run the right rear all the way around the room = 50'. Left rear is about a 20' run. I can add an extra 30' of cable on the left speaker and just roll it up if needed. I ordered a 110' of Beldon 10AWG from Blue Jeans Cable which is enough to leave them both at 50'. I had planned on using it to connect my 8ohm fronts as well. I can always order more