Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21


    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Ahh! I knew the 7 but not the .1 or .2. When would one need 2 subs? For a second zone?
    Especially for larger rooms, two or more subs can help to flatten out the room's bass response. This way the bass is pretty much equal no matter where you sit.

    I am running one large sub, but I really need another one in my main theater. I have some areas where to sub is a little too loud, and others that really need more bass.

  2. #22
    Senior Member k0rww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    St. Louis Area
    Posts
    3,481


    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I am running one large sub, but I really need another one in my main theater. I have some areas where to sub is a little too loud, and others that really need more bass.
    Tracy,

    You're suppose to be helping the economy, but yourself two matched subs.
    Richard

  3. #23


    HSU 3.1 speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Hi David, What do you think about this set-up? Is it better spec wise (8 ohms etc) than the Pioneers (6 ohms)? http://www.hsuresear...hybrid3pkg.html - $1139.00 Its the Hybrid 3 3.1
    And the vtf woofer?

    There's a 7-yr warranty on the Hybrid packages
    I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding 3.1 speaker setup for the price.

  4. #24


    I would recommend the Cambridge Audio 351R ($799) and the Focal Dome system. I'm currently using the Dome system with the 351R's big brother, the 751R with outstanding results. It's a "lifestyle" system however does not sound like one. It's very good and blends beautifully into any interior.

    There is a great deal on a Dome 5.1 system on Audiogon if you want to consider buying on the used market.

    Be aware that this seller has no feedback however.

    Focal Dome 5.1 Sub Sat System **RARE** | Full range | Voluntown, Connecticut 06384 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

    I can personally vouch for this seller however as I've purchased from him in the past, and you may be able to work a deal on his Dome 5.1 system and his Pioneer Elite VSX-32 3D AVR that he's selling too.

    Focal Dome Speakers 5.1 Channel | Monitors | New York, New York 10005 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

    Good luck with your search!

  5. #25


    Quote Originally Posted by k0rww View Post
    Tracy,

    You're suppose to be helping the economy, but yourself two matched subs.
    I need to help the economy with a new projector purchase, first. It's all about priorities, Richard.

    I have been fascinated with the Golden Ear subs. I keep wondering how two of them would work, positioned in the front of my theater.

  6. #26


    Jim, you are right. The Cambridge Audio Azur 351R would make a fantastic AVR. They are built like tanks and have a huge power supply, which is usually the Achilles' Heal of most lower-cost AVRs.

    Anyone worried about the lack of apps and networking should know, any Blu-ray player can provide those. For sure Angela's new Panasonic Plasma would.

  7. #27


    Quote Originally Posted by bear12345 View Post
    I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding 3.1 speaker setup for the price.
    I am seriously considering these. I do like the Pioneers but not impressed with the 12-mo warranty. Also, like the Orb Peoples Choice 5.1. They are adorable and got great reviews all over the place. However, the specs are not as impressive as the HSU setup.

  8. #28


    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Swantko View Post
    I would recommend the Cambridge Audio 351R ($799) and the Focal Dome system. I'm currently using the Dome system with the 351R's big brother, the 751R with outstanding results. It's a "lifestyle" system however does not sound like one. It's very good and blends beautifully into any interior.

    There is a great deal on a Dome 5.1 system on Audiogon if you want to consider buying on the used market.

    Be aware that this seller has no feedback however.

    Focal Dome 5.1 Sub Sat System **RARE** | Full range | Voluntown, Connecticut 06384 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

    I can personally vouch for this seller however as I've purchased from him in the past, and you may be able to work a deal on his Dome 5.1 system and his Pioneer Elite VSX-32 3D AVR that he's selling too.

    Focal Dome Speakers 5.1 Channel | Monitors | New York, New York 10005 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

    Good luck with your search!
    Will definitely check into the Cambridge Audio 351R and the Focal Dome system tomorrow. Accessories4less has good deals, too. I know I can get a higher end system going refurbished or used; but, I'm a bit skittish buying going that route. We'll see.

    Thanks a ton for your help

  9. #29


    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Jim, you are right. The Cambridge Audio Azur 351R would make a fantastic AVR. They are built like tanks and have a huge power supply, which is usually the Achilles' Heal of most lower-cost AVRs.

    Anyone worried about the lack of apps and networking should know, any Blu-ray player can provide those. For sure Angela's new Panasonic Plasma would.
    Yeah, the Panasonic has limited Smart TV features so it's good to know Blue Ray can pick up the slack if I go with an AVR that does't

    Thanks Tracy

  10. #30
    Moderator jerrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Abq, NM, USA
    Posts
    7,921


    Pioneer also makes some nice rxs in various price ranges if you can find a good bargain. All winners.
    JR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Luxury Publishing Group Inc.
15332 Antioch Street | Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 | 310.860.9988
©2011 Luxury Publishing Group. All Rights Reserved
For our Privacy Poliicy, ad specs and contact
info please click here