Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Congrats!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

You guys are going to get MANY years of enjoyment out of that system. As for the Panasonic Plasma, Amazon has the 60" VT60 for just under $2000, right now.

Don't be afraid to buy what you really want, if you have the means. This is a long term investment, rather then buying something you will upgrade in a year or two.

I want to see photos.

Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be VERY pleased with your system.

OK. So, we have 7 boxes filled with awesome audio equipment in the foyier The cabinet has already been unpacked and is in the living room (didn't go with the large entertainment center with side cabinets - got a great deal on a beautiful, all-wood entertainment center from Costco for $399!!).

Now, for the… hmm… how should I put it… disturbing news. The gorgeous Focal Electra SW 900 sub got severely damaged by shipping carrier staff! The bottom left corner is destroyed and the top, two front corners are damaged. Based on this and the box in which it came looks as though it was set on high, fell, crashing to the ground and rolling down a hill, its pretty clear little to no effort was given to our 115 lb. massive package.

So, UPS picked it up, will spend a week investigating and then provide options. It is insured for $600. I have contacted Focal's only authorized US repair center - Audio Plus Services - and plan to persuade UPS to provide free shipping to NY, pay up to $600 in repairs and free shipping back to us. If the repair estimate falls within the $600 price range, we may be able to salvage this sub. Otherwise, we'll be hard presses to find such a beautiful, quality sub to replace it.

I do have a questions though. The TV is being delivered, mounted and connected to the audio this afternoon. We have to set up the audio this morning. Speaker wires came with the towers. We're going out for speakers wire for the surrounds. Is there a special wire type we should get?

So exciting. And you all are a HUGE part of making it happen for us Thanks!!
    Last edited by Angela; 12-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I do have a questions though. The TV is being delivered, mounted and connected to the audio this afternoon. We have to set up the audio this morning. Speaker wires came with the towers. We're going out for speakers wire for the surrounds. Is there a special wire type we should get?

So exciting. And you all are a HUGE part of making it happen for us Thanks!!
    Hi Angela,

Sorry to hear about you sub-woofer.

Basically you want well constructed speaker cable with good connectors made with Oxygen-Free Copper wire (OFC). 14 gauge copper wire should work for most any situation. It doesn't hurt to go larger (12 GA) but it cost more and the cable size goes up.

Hope this helps. If you're not buying locally, HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! - Monoprice.com is a good choice.
    Richard

Sorry to hear about the shipping damage. The guys at Audio Plus Services are great. Hopefully they will have good news for you, but UPS will take their time in processing your claim. At least they have with me, in the past.

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming.

Angela..

I am also planning for a 7.2 or 7.1 HT. As you are a proud owner now, you could help me in my planning. So, how is your experience and what was your final buy, Could you tell me the voltage inputs in all those equipment, bcoz I will be using them in Brazil & India where the voltage input is 220 Volts.