Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    You will definitely notice them. I've found that the bass from a sealed sub is tighter and less boomy than a ported sub. You will love these subs...just report back to us once you get them installed!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

I am hearing good things about Rhyimic these days.

SVS is a lock for success. Top notch products and killer prices.

Thanks again. I like the rythmiks too. But will stick with svs for now. But if I'm not happy they will end in the family living area and I'll get either the pb13 ultras in the theatre or the rythmik f15hp x two.

I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with dual PB13 Ultras. That is unless you live in an apartment, then your neighbors might not be fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with dual PB13 Ultras. That is unless you live in an apartment, then your neighbors might not be fans.
    The subs im talking about are the sesled sb13 ultras, hence why im a little concerned they may not be enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Perthhifi View Post
    The subs im talking about are the sesled sb13 ultras, hence why im a little concerned they may not be enough...
    Trust me...they'll be plenty loud enough and will move the hair on your chest from 15 feet away!
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Hi Perth and welcome aboard. You’ll find this an informative and fun site.

About year ago I asked the same questions you did. And my room is very close to your measurements. David, Jerry and many others gave me good advice and, in July, I bought a pair of the SVS sb 13 ultras. They are not ported.

Frankly, the speakers are terrific. They replaced a more “powerful” single Thiel sub woofer. While the music out of them has been top notch, I use it primarily for my home theatre. I put a link to my review here below, but let me say that the bass is NOT boomy, but deep, real and moving. Moving means my furniture vibrates, but I am not disturbed or distracted from the sound, it sounds real. And deep. In fact, unlike other subs I have heard, I cannot tell that these subs are on, the blend right in so well. That surprised me.

Please also get two subs!!!! I went from one to two and the results are outstanding. I get a great stereo effect when before I had none, just a booming sound out of the middle.

My brother is busy, so he may not post, but he is sensitive to loud, boomy bass and he likes these subs too. They are really great.

Something else should be mentioned. The people at SVS helped me set these things up, we spent a lot of time on the phone. They gave me settings for my Krell 707 which were better than the setting that Krell gave me.

But, finally let me state that I just really like these subs, they are a PERFECT addition to my system and I recommend them highly.

And the people on this site were so helpful, honest and accurate. I highly value their opinions. We may differ in our preferences , but their opinions have been thoughtful and never have been bad.

http://www.hometheaterequipment.com/...3-ultras-4364/
    Cheers. Two subs ordered and on hold. Thou I have y told the store that I may still change to the ported units. Store is a new dealer so they do not have the subs in demo yet. Might need to listen to them both first. But I don't think I'll get the chance to. If I wasn't after a sound primary for music use and was using for mainly movies and let's say 25% music use over time.. Would you all still recommend the sealed subs, or would that be a Mistake for movies? Also I don't plan on using it all the time, but I have also purchased a but kicker mini lfe bass shakers x six plus the buttkicker 1000w amplifier for my six theatre recliners, so maybe that will provide the low bass that you feel that I might miss out on from the sealed subs. ? Is my thinking correct about the bass shakers. Do they provide the same type of bass?
    Last edited by Perthhifi; 01-22-2014 at 07:02 AM.

The bass shakers that I have seen simply provide some vibration to your seating. I find that my single SVS 20-39 CS+ does that quite nicely, although I have never used a bass shaker.

My theater is downstairs in the basement, so I have a concrete foundation under the carpeting. When I have a scene with really deep bass, especially in the ultra-sonic range, I can feel the floor vibrate.

I prefer mulitple sealed subs to ported.

I agree with Jim. I personally use a ported sub, but a new sub will be my next upgrade. I contemplated getting a new projector, but I'm waiting for the technology to evolve further before outputting any money.
    David Vaughn