Sennheiser Wireless Headphone

Any thoughts on the Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphone with Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound?

Price is kind of high thou.. $224.99

Will have to see if they are cheaper during the black friday or xmas periods.

Name:  headset.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  36.0 KB
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Banned!!!

IMHO, Sennheisser makes the best wireless comfortable Headphones. Great range. The only wireless headphones we sell.

=>

RS 220

This sleek, wireless headphone system brings breakthrough technology to your home theater system. It offers optical or coaxial digital audio inputs as well as analog, and incredibly powerful headphone acoustics.

$499.95 plus shippingName:  sennheisserRSS220Wireless.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  9.3 KB

Looks like Sennheiser has a lot of different models for their wireless selection.

Was checking out the RS 180. Price: $239.99

Name:  rs180.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  21.2 KB

Wonder which model is best to get?
    Last edited by TrippleJ; 05-30-2014 at 07:05 AM.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Haven't heard them but do have a pair of HD590s and they are dynamite, giving a clear view into high end audio for a fraction of the price of equiv. speaker systems. I was lucky enough to get to tour their Abq plant and was VERY impressed with their modern and automated systems. Every item they make is thoroughly tested before leaving. Their electronics, mikes and headphones are all A+, imo.
    JR

Banned!!!

Tripple J; You really need to look at all of the models and compare features, options, etc. These models are all new. I have a few pairs of Sennheisser, but they are from the previous line. I have one model that is also with surround sound built in. Still, they perform very well. This is kind of unusual, but I have never seen a defective Sennheisser before.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    Looks like Sennheiser has a lot of different models for their wireless selection.

Was checking out the RS 180. Price: $239.99

Name:  rs180.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  21.2 KB

Wonder which model is best to get?

thanks for the details. I will research.
    Main:

Guys, quick question.

I am most likely going to get this Sennheiser RS 180 Digital Wireless Headphones during the black Friday madness or around the xmas season. The price is already on sale. Drop from $221.49 to $199.95

I am assuming for my NAD T-777, all I have to do is plug in the supplied audio adapter cable to the headphone input on the front of the NAD and that's it? It should disable the speakers when the plug is filled, right?
    Main:

Banned!!!

Hey Joe Jo: Good choice, but they have many different models. I would opt for one that offer's Digital Optical connection. This will give you thye digital sound, and you could connect it from the Digital optical output from the back of your samsung TV.

If you plan to use analog connections (RCA), if you connect it from an analog output on your NAD, you need an adapter from RCA > 3.5 mm > 1/4" plug ( these should come with the Headphones.). The 1/4" headphone jack is on the front of your NAD. If you do it this way, it will mute the sound from your speaker's, which is an advantage for some who don't want to disturb anyone from sleeping. Otherwise, connect the analog audio (RCA) to an analog audio connection on the rear of your NAD and select that input. Best nof luck, Joe Jo. Enjoy.

Thanks. The main reason for the headset is so that others can sleep when folks are watching tv. With the current setup, everybody in the house can hear the sound from the external speakers.

I am mainly looking for a headset that I can plug to the headset jack input on the NAD in the front since plugging it to the back of the TV or the receiver would be too much hassle.

Therefore, I am looking at the 1/4" headphone jack that I will plug into the front of the NAD.

The Sennheiser that I am looking at comes with the below.
    Sennheiser HDR 180 headphone, TX 180 transmitter/charging station, multi-country AC wall adapter, detachable audio cable, 1/8" female to RCA male audio adapter, 1/8" female to 1/4" inch male audio adapter, 2 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries, operating instructions, warranty
    Last edited by TrippleJ; 11-25-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Main: