Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

IMO, they should have given them to you free of charge with proof of purchase, as the 2 Rush releases had such a significant quality difference. The original boxes totally sucked.

Last night I was looking up how many major labels are left: 3. Universal, Sony & Warner. That's it; all the well known smaller labels are owned by one of those 3. I think that's a huge part of the problem: no competition (When I mentioned big 3 in a prior post, I was referring to hi-res stores: HDTracks, Acoustic Sounds & Pro Studio Masters). Qoubuz says they will be opening a USA specific store very soon, that will give us 4 large sources; 5 if you include 7 digital. Nugs & Bandcamp also have small selections of hi-res; Nugs has a lot of Springsteen, Counting Crows & RHCP shows in 24 bit. And there are niche stores like HDTT & Blue Coast.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Only thing that hits me this week is another Steve Miler, "Sailor" (aka Living In The USA). This one's even worse, a DR7.

I really think if one of the "big 3" listed DR #'s & was competitively priced, they could take over the market. Today, unless someone has reviewed or at minimum posted on Dr Loudness, it's totally Russian Roulette.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1