Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

And I have to add the new Charles Lloyd/Lucinda Williams album. A serious candidate for album of the year & great sound in 96/24 also.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Best Week For Me In A Long Time!

The new Buffalo Springfield Box - I've heard this is 16/44 & it's phenomonal. I can only imagine what the 24 bit version will sound like

Graham Nash - Best Of & Demos 2 disc equivalent

David Bowie - Blackout (Stage Tour) DR9..........

Guns & Roses - Appetite DE (30 track version)

Yes - The Steven Wilson Remixes (if you don't have the dvd-a's already!)

20% off $50 HDJUNE29
    I have two of the Wilson remixed Yes albums on Blu-ray and they sound fantastic. I think I still have the GnR on cassette somewhere.

The GNR is the one I'm not personally interested in, but listed it for others. I agree with you on the Wilsons; I have all. I so want to hear the 192/24 Buf Springfield.

Interestingly the Nash shows as 44/24 on HDT; on A.S it shows as "96/24 with mixed resolution"
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

The Buffalo Springfield box is definitely worthwhile from a sonic pov for fans, although there's nothing new here except the mastering. It is so well done, that I would have been happy with the cd version though I ended up with the 192/24.

The Graham Nash is odd in that there is a mix of 96/24 & 44/24; some of which doesn't make sense (as an example the tracks from the first CSN are in 44, though both Warner & Pono did 96 & 192 remasters); conversely I suspect (I haven't played part 1 yet) that the 96/24 Songs For Beginners material is the remixed 80's drum sounding version from the dvd-a. Most likely the 2 Deja Vu tracks (96/24) are from the Pono, & the one C&N (96/24) from the C&N debut is from the dvd-a. Everything else would seem to be new 44/24 masters. DR10 in total. Weird.

Unless you're a Eurythmics fan, nothing (imo) at HDT this week. A.S. has possibly the worst Grateful Dead album ever, "Dylan & The Dead".

There's a lot of new stuff this week I've never heard of, but the only things of note to me on HDT are the 50th Ann DE of Grateful Dead's Anthem Of The Sun with a related "CD length" concert & the original mix, in 192 & 96; & the new Cowboy Junkies in 44/24.

I didn't see this week's release list. Feel free to post it.

Unless you want a 1999 44/24 Rolling Stones concert, I pretty much did!

Are there any web sites that list a complete world wide (or even USA only) weekly 24 bit/DSD new release list like there are with cd's?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Are there any web sites that list a complete world wide (or even USA only) weekly 24 bit/DSD new release list like there are with cd's?
    If there is, I haven't found it. I usually see the HDT announcement on Facebook but didn't see it for this week.

I've been thinking about doing an HR new releases blog; I'm just concerned that I wouldn't get the needed cooperation from the labels & the 4-6 largest stores.