Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

This is from last week. I already have plenty of Chet Baker and Count Basie.

THIS WEEK on HDtracks...

• Jason Mraz - Know.
    • Andrea Bocelli - 5 albums
    • Count Basie - All That Jazz, Vol. 105: Backstage Blues – Jazzin' and Jammin' with Count Basie and Friends
    • Chet Baker - Chet Baker Live in London Volume II
    • ELVIS PRESLEY - Where No One Stands Alone
    • plus much much more...

I've got a ton of Basie also (though mostly cd). I've picked up a couple releases from that label (I believe Ellington & Calloway?) & I've found them to be pretty much a 24 bit version of cheesy UK public domain labels as far as sound goes.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    I've got a ton of Basie also (though mostly cd). I've picked up a couple releases from that label (I believe Ellington & Calloway?) & I've found them to be pretty much a 24 bit version of cheesy UK public domain labels as far as sound goes.
    All of mine are on CD as well. I inherited a ton of old school Jazz and Big Band CDs. I haven't even started listening to them yet. I need to get them all out, alphabetize them, and listen to them one at a time.

I've become a big fan of 20's-40's jazz in the last 30 years. Sounds like you have a treat to look forward to!
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Sigh......... another very weak week. IMO, all that's even worth mentioning is: Bob Marley Kaya, Bruce Springsteen Plugged, the new live Goo Goo Dolls, & another single from the upcoming Jon Anderson version of Yes (Roundabout). And that's the HDT HIGHLIGHTS..........

I wonder if the USA labels are giving up on hi-res. There still seems to be significantly more coming out of Europe than the USA (which takes a VPN & a European credit card for Americans to buy)

THIS WEEK on HDtracks...

• Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same (Remastered)
    • Grateful Dead - Pacific Northwest '73-'74: Believe It If You Need It (Live)
    • Paul Simon - In the Blue Light
    • Lenny Kravitz - Raise Vibration
    • plus much much more...

On The Grateful Dead there is also a 19 cd equivalent version (the HDT is the equivalent of 3 cd's). It MAY only be available on the Dead's site; I don't know. In 192/24 it's $149.

There's also a new McCartney, The New Jon Andersen/Rick Wakeman version of Yes Live (Good music, awful brickwalled sound), A pre stardom Bob Seger Set & last week the highlights were The Expanded Remix of the Band's Big Pink & The new Madeline Peyroux.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 09-06-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Highlights (medium lights?) this week would seem to be (HDT's site is having issues at the moment) the new Richard Thompson, The new Ann Wilson, The Doors Waiting For The Sun DE & the 2014 edition of the R&R HOF concert.

The Wilson & Doors are in 96/24; the other 2 are 44/24 (I hate that trend)

Their is also a new Guess Who, but be warned: the ONLY original member is the drummer. I.E. this is NOT a Guess Who album. No Burton Cummings, No Bachman.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 09-13-2018 at 09:43 PM.

I don't receive notification of new releases like I once did but I did find this.

THIS WEEK on HDtracks...

• Tony Bennett, Diana Krall - Love Is Here To Stay
    • Willie Nelson - My Way
    • Dave Grohl - Play
    • The Doors - Waiting For The Sun (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
    • plus much much more..

I keep thinking of wanting to start a hi-res new release blog if I can ever find the time to find out if the labels & the stores would be wiling to send me the info. It amazes me that NO ONE is doing this.