Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    I keep thinking of wanting to start a hi-res new release blog if I can ever find the time to find out if the labels & the stores would be wiling to send me the info. It amazes me that NO ONE is doing this.
    Great example of why this is so needed; I wrote both HDT & AS today & asked if they knew if they were going to have the Hendrix Electric Ladyland DE & if it would be the entire set or just the original album. I really do want to know; the current pre orders prices are probably as good as they are going to get; but if I ordered a 4 cd/1 blu set & the whole thing was than released as an hr dl, I'd be furious.

Paraphrase of answers:

HDT: We don't have a clue.
    AS: The labels NEVER let us know what downloads we're getting until they send it.

Maybe, just maybe this lack of pre sales advertising just might have an impact on sales????
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

I suspect they will release the more expensive collection first. I would love to have the collectors edition (or whatever they call it) of all the Rush albums but I'm paying those prices and would likely not play anything other than the original album more than a few times.

What I'm wondering is are they going to release it at all as a hr download. The whole Hendrix family thing is a bit out there, to put it mildly.

The physical release is only hr on the original album & has 4 cd's of "bonus" material in 16/44 cd.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Another Weak Week. A dl release of a Marillion blu-ray; + the Prince outtakes, New releases from Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Norah Jones; a Ramones reissue, a Hot Tuna concert, a Pretty Things Concert collection with only Silk Torpedo songs, some elevator muzak, lots of unknowns (at least to me) & a ton of classical. Methinks the USA labels pretty much consider hi-res a dead format. I think the poor marketing is killing it.