Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

THIS WEEK on HDtracks...
    • David Crosby - Here If You Listen
    • Christian McBride - Christian McBride's New Jawn
    • Max Richter - Never Look Away
    • Chicago - Greatest Hits Live
    • plus much much more...

It's really depressing how much the majors have cut back on 24 bit reissues. I used to see 8-10 a week I really wanted. The only ones that even caught my eye on this week's full list (assuming they're all up) is the Crosby (which I grabbed) & The Kinks Village Green (which I'll probably pass on).

While it's still bigger in Europe (& maybe Qobuz will save us if they ever open here), it's really not looking good for folks like me who want the best sound possible without doing vinyl.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

One of the better weeks in the recent past. Titles that caught my eye:

Bob Dylan - Regular & Deluxe versions of Blood On The Tracks Outtakes 96/24

Steven Wilson - Home Invasion 96/24 (I believe the blu-ray is only 48/24)

Joan Baez - Early self titled 96/24

Rosanne Cash - She Remembers Everything 96/24 (10 track version) (PSM has the 13 track DE)

Eagles - Legacy (Complete with lots of live trax) 96/24 & 192/24 Debut-Long Run are the same DR's as the 1st Eagles box (DR11)

Gary Burton - A Career Legacy 192/24

15% off with HDNOV2 EXP 11/5 11:59 EST
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 11-01-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

THIS WEEK on HDtracks...

• Imagine Dragons - Origins
    • Muse - Simulation Theory (Super Deluxe)
    • Eagles - Singles & B-Sides (Remastered)
    • Al Green - The Hi Records Singles Collection
    • plus much much more...

Just posted on HDT's Facebook page.

AVAILABLE TOMORROW on HDtracks...
    The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album / Super Deluxe)

Wonder if it will include all the cd's in hr?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Wonder if it will include all the cd's in hr?
    I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I want this title in some format, I just haven't decided which.

Looking at both HDT & PSM, unless they're both moving really slow this is the week with the fewest new releases I've ever seen. HDT has 2 versions of the White album, & a really high priced Eagles singles release. They've also added a couple that other sites has last week. There's also a Muse, Sarah Brightman & an Al Green.

I count 11 total new titles on HDT, & 5 on PSM (I've never heard of any of the 5).

HDTT & PSM usually post at midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific; Acoustic Sounds usually waits until after daylight on Friday. Not sure about 7 digital, Onkyo, etc.

I hope the Tull This Was eventually makes it to dl; I am NOT paying $43 for the set, though I want it. Looks like no USA digital release on the Hendrix this week either.

HDT added a bunch more after my post above. It's mostly unknowns & classical. There's a Terry Reid reissue & a Hot Tuna concert. PSM also added a bunch, only title worth mentioning imo is the same Beatles as at HDT.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 11-09-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Highlight for me is the Expanded Fleetwood Mac Then Play On that came out in Europe on cd last year. (DR10)

Others worth mentioning:
    Last week's European only 44/24 Bert Jansch partial catalog release, lots of 44/24 Kate Bush, and Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Uncut. There is also an "anniversary edition" of Beggar's Banquet, but it's just a remaster, & the way to go on that one is the superb Abcko SACD (if you can find it).

We'll know a little later tonight if the unlikely occurs & PSM get any exclusives; & like usual we'll know at daybreak if Acoustic Sounds, Onkyo or 7 digital have any exclusives.

I was hoping for a 24 bit dl of Marillion Clutching At Straws, but so far no sign of it. Still no sign of the latest Wilson/Tull in hi-res dl.