Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Quote Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
    The Tom Petty set's a condensed version of the American Treasure box with one unreleased track.
    I didn't realize that was the case. Thanks.

I just checked; that's not correct. There is some duplication, & this set has only 1 exclusive; but the 2 sets are not at all identical.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 03-01-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

This week's major HDT Releases:

1. Whitesnake 6 "Disc" Slide It in 96/24
    2 Neil Young Dead Man Soundtrack
    3. Joni Mitchell Tribute (I love Joni, the artist selection other than Graham Nash & James Taylor makes little sense to me)
    4. Steve Miller - reissue series: Living In The 20th Century
    5. A Couple more Dead & Co shows (aka Bob Weir Band)
    6. Elvis Presley - In Las Vegas
    7. Paul Weller Live (some of the others had this last week)

It's 9:40 PST; they may be done for the week.

I so miss the days (not that long ago) where there was always some cool unexpected catalog releases in 24 bit. I have have thousands of cd's that have never been released in 24 bit........ (sigh).
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 03-07-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Are we going to have to include "Mastered for iTunes" listings for a little something different? Do they still do that?

I think the 24 bit version is called MQA

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    I think the 24 bit version is called MQA
    Master Quality by Apple?

It seems to be a night for messed up web sites; both HDT & Qobuz's new release sections are really fubared.

From both exploring & their email, hdt doesn't appear to have anything well known that I didn't list in the PSM thread.

Also, while they list the 2 Steve Millers & the 2 McCartney's in their email, they are not coming up in search on the actual site.

We may find some exclusives during the day on Friday after they fix the site.

Basically the new titles I was able to find that PSM also had were the 2 versions of the Steve Perry, the Tal Wilkenfeld, & the Keren Ann.

The McCartney and Perry releases aren't really new. Looks like they tacked a few tracks onto the 2012 release of Ram. Nothing truly special in my opinion.

I don't know Wilkenfeld or Ann.

I agree on the McCartney's (It's a few pages in, but the other "new" PM is Wings Over America).

They also added the Steve Millers & I forgot to mention the Snarky Puppy. Other than that.....

If you like singer-songwriters, I would suggest the other Keren Ann that HDT has (they only have 2 from her catalog)

HDT & PSM have up to now have had their sityes updated at midnight Thursday Eastern. Curious if HDT had issues last night or if the record companies told them to stop?