Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm also looking for a good SACDSACD or DVD-Audio player. May be universal player.
    My list:
    Krell 505 Evo
    Krell Cipher
    Mark Levinson 512
    Cary Audio 303T Pro
    Cary Audio 306 Pro
    Primare BD32

I currently use a Marantz UD9004.
    Any recommendations?

Cary Audio does not produce cd or sacd players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harrison View Post
    Cary Audio does not produce cd or sacd players anymore.
    I didn't realize that, thanks.

What is the problem with the OPPO?

Please be gentle, I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by BassEarDrum View Post
    What is the problem with the OPPO?

Please be gentle, I bought one.
    Some people have better ears, than me. I am totally satisfied with my Oppo's performance with SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-ray.

Mark Levinson 512 is read SACD-R iso on DVD-R?

It's not DVD-R or anyhting as I recall. My problem is that it kept breaking down after very little use. I "owned" one for three years and it spent, it different units, 30 months in the shop being repaired.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

You tried SACD ISO on a DVD-R?

Has anyone compared Mark Levinson 512, Krell Cipher, Ayre C-5xe, Esoteric UX-1PI, Esoteric UX-3PI? What impressions?

Has anyone compared Mark Levinson 512, Krell Cipher, Ayre C-5xe, Esoteric UX-1PI, Esoteric UX-3PI? What impressions?

The answer is yes.

I have had in my house the ML, Esoteric 3 and currently the Krell Cipher. And UI compared the Esoteric 1 and 3 in the shop. My answer many surprise you.

The ML sounded the best to me and the most musical. I loved it. But it broke within two months, no sound. I sent it back they could not repair it, many had broken. So I waited months for a new one. That didn’t play and months again and again. By the fourth or fifth unit, I gave up.

The Esoteric and the Krell gave a far more detailed sound, a pleasant one, but I did miss the musicality of the ML. I felt that the Krell sound VERY similar to the Esoteric and if you got the Esoteric 1 or the Cypher there would not be much different.

Let me say that I had the Eso 3 in my home for a few weeks (my dealer was very nice) and then bought the Krell. But I only listened to the Eso I in the store and did not give it the long testing at home. That was his only Eso I and I could not take it home.

PS: The situation at Harmon has only gotten worse for the manufacturing and repairs of the ML units. I had a lot of trouble with their 502 and other units and had to return them. My advice, don’t buy high end from Harmon, they fired their engineers, shut down their manufacturing and shut down the sites that were exclusive to fixing high end components.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc