Ceiling Speaker Recommendations and Advise

Hi!

Looking for in-wall or out-of-wall ceiling speakers. Something simple and easy to install. Trying to keep total costs under $1,000, if possible. Just to give you a little background. The speakers will be installed in a standard size bathroom (second bath). Currently have a wireless (internet driven) multi-room audio set-up with built-in ceiling speakers for all rooms except this bathroom. Personally never thought I’d need music here but wife loves it whenever she takes whirlpool bath. This tub suits her perfectly and she wants music option. If out-of-wall speakers are doable, also concerned about bath moisture affecting these speakers.

Thinking and hoping these speakers can be connected to current speaker system. Installer (or I) will need to cut out ceiling area and find current speaker wiring to connect speakers to, bracket or bolt, then re-patch. Don’t know if this is practical and doable. Since on a budget, I’m not looking for anything elaborate or expensive. I’m just looking for something neat, audio efficient, and workable with current audio system.

Thank you for your time.
    artcal

Banned!!!

Hey Artcal: First, welcome to the forum.I'm perplexed by what you said. On the one hand you mentioned $1,000.00. Then you want it to be budget minded. Well, I really favor in wall & inceiling speakers. There are many to chose from. I like Niles speakers. Pivoting tweeters, exotic materials. Also, water resistant. They have a lot of models from 4" woofers to 7" woofers. They sound great. WWW.niles audio.com. These are relatively easy to install.

I'd second Jeff's opinion on the Niles speakers...very good choice.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. $1,000 estimate includes speakers plus professional installation. Again have no clue regarding installation costs; i.e., cutting out ceiling space, finding current speaker wiring, re-wiring, installing speakers and re-patch work. Niles is fine by me. Assuming Niles does installation also. Will look into.

Thanks!

You'll have to hire a local electrician or home theater professional.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine