Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Amazon has Audio Fidelity releases and occasionally used, from third parties. They seem to pick some strange titles to produce on SACD.

They have Hemispheres which is OK, but no 2112, Moving Pictures, or Permanent Waves.
    They have Paradise Theater by Styx, but no Pieces of Eight, Grand Illusion, or Equinox.

I take it you're saying the AF SACDs are much better than any of the digital download alternatives. Hopefully Neil Young will do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Amazon has Audio Fidelity releases and occasionally used, from third parties. They seem to pick some strange titles to produce on SACD.

They have Hemispheres which is OK, but no 2112, Moving Pictures, or Permanent Waves.
    They have Paradise Theater by Styx, but no Pieces of Eight, Grand Illusion, or Equinox.

I take it you're saying the AF SACDs are much better than any of the digital download alternatives. Hopefully Neil Young will do it right.
    I BELIEVE Neil Young's Pono music files are going to be largely the same as the other co's. Unless I totally misunderstand, The exclusive thing he's plugging is a hires portable player; that's actually the "Pono". My understanding is it plays (& his store will be selling) 96/24 & 192/24 Flacs.

AF isn't always better, & HD Tracks isn't always volume compressed. Some of the HD Tracks stuff is very good - stunning.

In my experience, sometimes AF is a little too tame, though they are always very light on compression. APO is also almost always good, though they're probably 70% jazz (I like classic jazz). Can't wait for there Sarah McLachlan's next month. Speaking of McLachlan, AF did an SACD of Touch & Classic Records did an (unfortunately) out of print DAD (hi-res audio only DVD done on the video track) of the same album. I prefer the Classic over the AF.

If you like classical, all 3 of the Mercury Living Presence Starker's are to die for (though the best of the 3, the Bach solo 2 disc set is oop, & sells for $200+). The other 2 are still around & quite good though.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 10-14-2014 at 10:37 PM.

You've got me curious. I checked the Rush DVD-A's that I have.

Fly By Night:
    5.1 DR11
    2.0 DR10

A Farewell To Kings:
    5.1 DR11
    2.0 DR9

2112 DVD-A From Deluxe Edition
    5.1: DR10
    2.0: DR9

I don't know why 5.1's tend to be mastered at a lower level, but that does seem to be the case.

Acoustic Sounds seems to have a USA exclusive on a UK 96/24 of 10 Years After A Space in Time for $18. I'm really tempted........... Ten Years After-A Space In Time-FLAC 96kHz24bit Download | Acoustic Sounds

Looks like Pro Studio Master just released another 15% off code.

Enter code at checkout for 15% off → AUTUMN
    * Discount applies to all albums site-wide. Expires Monday, October 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Looks like Pro Studio Master just released another 15% off code. Enter code at checkout for 15% off → AUTUMN * Discount applies to all albums site-wide. Expires Monday, October 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Thx!
    Extended Again: 10/22 Code: NOSTALGIA Added some more Lennon titles.

It's Acoustic Sounds Turn.

15% on all downloads through 10/26.

As they have an exclusive on the 96/24 Ten Years After Space in Time (now at $15.28) it's time to spend more $'s i don't have!

They've also got a 24 track version of Bowie's Next Day (the original res res edition had only 17 tracks)

And what appears to be a hi-res exclusive of the new Jackson Browne.

No code, all are already marked down PCM DIGITAL SALE | Acoustic Sounds
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 10-22-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Surprise! :lol: Another Pro Studio Masters Sale Ends Mon Night, not sure which time zone:

Enter code at checkout for 15% off HONEY
    * Discount applies to all albums site-wide. Expires October 27, 2014 at 11:59 PM

ProStudioMasters - Audio Uncompromised™ - High-Resolution Audio Downloads

New code just released.

Enter code at checkout for 15% off → NEW
    * Discount applies to all albums site-wide. Expires Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM

New music by Kiss, Taylor Swift, Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney and more.