Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ChromaPure 3.0 Announced

ChromaPure 2.5.5 will be the last 2.x release.

ChromaPure 3.0 will be released in the first quarter of 2015.

It will provide the most substantial upgrade in ChromaPure's history.

Starting today (12-18-2014), anyone who purchases a new ChromaPure license will be entitled to a free upgrade to v. 3.0 upon release.

For already existing customers, ChromaPure 3.0 will be priced at $79.

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
    V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
    Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO

Hi CP users, Tom Huffman has announced today that ChromaPure 3 will be released finally in the next few days.

In advance of the official release, Tom uploaded a demo which provides some indications about the new look and feature set of the new version release.

Color Management Test

S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
    Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO

New ChromaPure 3.0 demo video added:

Importing Custom Targets in Raw Data

Created by Camtasia Studio 8

Enhanced Color Gamut Module

Color Management Test

ChromaPure 3 What's New

New streamlined and efficient user interface
    Enhanced user-configurable reporting
    User-defined automated measurements
    Multiple gamma runs on one chart for comparison
    12/21 pt selectable Lumagen LUT auto-calibrate
    dE method selectable by module
    System-wide gamma, select once and apply everywhere

Charting Multiple Gamma Passes

Color Management Test

Calibration Templates

http://www.chromapure.com/movies3/ca...Templates.html

This is a very powerful new feature in ChromaPure 3.

Using the new Custom Targets feature in Raw Data and Excel templates developed by us and posted on our web site, you can create a report for literally any display calibration feature.

The demo above is an example of measuring saturations in 10% increments.

ChromaPure 3 has just released, it's now available for purchase or download.

You can download and read the Release Notes on the News page: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software

The cost for existing users is $79.

Those who purchased ChromaPure 2.x on or after Dec. 18, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade.

System requirements have changed in two ways:

1) CP3 requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.1
    2) CP3 requires Windows Vista or higher (will no longer install on XP)

ChromaPure 3.0.3 is now available for download.

This is a bug fix release only for version 3.0. All licensed users of 3.0 are entitled to this release free of charge. There will be one additional bug fix release in a couple of weeks.

Bug Fixes

Using Meter Correction caused the application to report incorrect dE values for white

The AccuPel generator was not initializing properly

The APL and small window pattern sizes for built-in generator were not working

The Rev B i1D3 meter was not initializing properly

Any license with a large number of meters was not displaying fully on the Home page

Several meters were not detecting the serial number

Accessing the built-in drop-down patterns would cause a fatal exception

The i1D3 meter options in Settings were disabled

The DVDO TPG generator was missing from Professional Licenses

The test patterns were incorrect when using the 75% of Rec. 709 gamut.

ChromaPure 3.0.4 is now available for download.

New Features

The Gamma module now displays target luminance data in addition to target gamma.

All other measurements are now disabled until a white reference is first measured.

NOTE: There are three white references (pre-calibration, post-calibration, and calibration). If you measure a white reference in a pre-calibration module, then this number spreads to the other pre-calibration modules only. Reference white must be measured again for calibration and post-calibration. You may always re-measure any of these at any time to update the affected calculations.

Bug Fixes

The 75% of Rec. 709 gamut @ 75% intensity had an error in a couple of the reference colors.

The dE chart in ColorChecker did not clear when clearing all data in the Color Gamut module.

ChromaPure 3.0.5 is now available for download.

This release restores missing features and fixes bugs contained in the initial 3.0 release. It also adds some fixes for long-standing issues that significantly pre-date v3.

The following features have been added, restored, or enhanced:

DVDO Duo support is restored, including auto-cal

RGB and xyY Color Space modes are restored in the Color Management module

User images can be added to Custom Reports

An Application Settings icon has been added to the auto-cal screen

European users no longer have to manually adjust Windows regional format settings. ChromaPure now automatically forces U.S. formats for list seperators and decimal places regardless of the settings in Windows.

ChromaPure now will scale properly on high-resolution, small size displays without user intervention. This is a temporary fix because the application simply automatically adjusts the resolution of the display downwards so that text scaling is not required. This works but results in some loss of sharpness. A permanent solution will be provided in 3.1.

We have added a new item in the File menu called "Repair Settings". Selecting this will close the application, delete the settings file, create a default settings file, and then restart the application. Selecting this option will resolve many issues if instability is apparent.

The following bugs were identified and fixed:

Attempts to take measurements without initializing a meter did not display an error message.

When fL had been selected in the application, the report still showed cd/m2 in the Gamma modules.

Opening the Grayscale module, closing, and then reopening resulted in a benign fatal exception.

If the user failed to click Stop when in continuous mode and navigated to a separate module, continuous mode would still be active. Continuous mode now automatically stops whenever the focus changes from one module to another.

If the user clicked the Measure All button starting anywhere other than white, then the 90% point would measure multiple times.

Reports would not update data if the report module was already open.

A few tooltips were missing.

The Pre and Post-calibration data were switched on the final Advanced Auto-cal page.

Luminance correction was missing from the Contrast module.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast