AV Receiver & Speaker Configuration

Hai guys,

I am a beginner in this field. I would like to buy a home theater system, initially I was thinking of Bose, but after some browsing, I changed my mind.

Now I am looking for a 7.2 receiver with Dolby Atmos & corresponding speakers.

As everyone, I would like to hear good sound for Music & Movies & of course there is a budget restriction of US $ 2000 - 2300

Your advice would help me a lot........

Quote Originally Posted by kiran View Post
    Hai guys,

I am a beginner in this field. I would like to buy a home theater system, initially I was thinking of Bose, but after some browsing, I changed my mind.

Now I am looking for a 7.2 receiver with Dolby Atmos & corresponding speakers.

As everyone, I would like to hear good sound for Music & Movies & of course there is a budget restriction of US $ 2000 - 2300

Your advice would help me a lot........
    kiran,

I recommend you start your search with the speakers. The reason is they will be the one item you spend money on that they can't obsolete after a year or two. Also speakers will have the greatest impact on your satisfaction of sound.

Go to home theater stores where you can hear the speakers for yourself. The one problem with that is you may not know anyone with some of the internet brand "bang for the buck" speakers. I'm talking about Axiom, Ascend, SVS, HSU etc.

If you're serious about your home theater sound you can't leave out a good sub woofer. The sub will carry the sound effects load in your movie watching such as explosions, gun fire and bass heavy music.

Find the speakers you want then start the dreaded search for the massive amount of electronic choices you have (much of which is pure junk to be avoided).

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you for your comments `Basseardrum`, In your opinion, how good is this combination-

Polk Audio TSi300

Polk Audio TSi100
    Polk Audio TSi CS10
    Polk Audio PSW108

Banned!!!

Good advise, BED. POLK is good, but it seems that most or all are 6 Ohm at best. I prefer 8 ohm. If you were to look on the back of practically any Receiver where the speaker terminal are say "use with 8 - 16 Ohm Speakers only". The problem is magnified if you are running other rooms off the same amplifier. For many years, on all their speakers, it plainly said "compatible with 8 Ohm Speakers. There is a reason they put that. They were afraid that you would read this and then see "use with 8- 16 Ohm speakers only". I had told Polk that years ago, and they ignored it like the Bubonic Plague.

Kiran: Your budget of around $2,00 +; is that for the Receiver only or is it for your entire budget?
    Also read this: Internet Direct Speaker Brand Comparison | Audioholics. Best of Luck. Let us know how it goes.

I recommend you start your search with the speakers. The reason is they will be the one item you spend money on that they can't obsolete after a year or two. Also speakers will have the greatest impact on your satisfaction of sound.

Go to home theater stores where you can hear the speakers for yourself. The one problem with that is you may not know anyone with some of the internet brand "bang for the buck" speakers. I'm talking about Axiom, Ascend, SVS, HSU etc.

If you're serious about your home theater sound you can't leave out a good sub woofer. The sub will carry the sound effects load in your movie watching such as explosions, gun fire and bass heavy music.

Find the speakers you want then start the dreaded search for the massive amount of electronic choices you have (much of which is pure junk to be avoided).

That's my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]