Banned!!!

Lightbulb R. I. P. Audioplex Technologgies. I will surely miss you.

Most of us are familiar with Russound & Niles Audio, and their products. Not as many of us know about Audioplex Technologies. They were pretty similar in some ways. The demise of Audioplex came recently. I have used lots of their products for many years. I still have some of their stuff in stock or on my Truck. For many custom installers it was often a very good choice. Mainly, they sold great Infra Red System products. Also, an incredible array of all kinds of volume controls. Also, Speaker switchers of all kinds, with & without impedance matching.

If you've ever done whole house Audio, impedance matching is an integral part of it. I own an Audioplex Impedicator, which measures impedance very accurately. If you think you can measure impedance with a typical Fluke type meter, you cannot. They measure resistance. If you do audio systems on a regular basis, you need to know what the impedance is. Otherwise, get used to blowing Amplifiers, speakers, etc. I still carry Audioplex matchit's on the truck. It's an ace in your pocket. I still have my Audioplex catalogs. They had a tremendous selection of wall plates in all sizes, color, and they could customize the plates with your Logo on them. It's very hard to replace them.

They had such a wide array of great products. Surround Sound Volume controls, 70 volt line V/C's. mono and much more. They have been around for decades. The owner is Ron Ingham. They will be sorely missed. The other guys just don't compare. They had great depth with their products. They sold specialized amplifiers & speakers. Some unusual products from: Sys-Tat: Volume Control & System Status on a single wall plate. VC Runner: The only way to Daisy Chain Volume Controls. Monogizer: Converts Stereo Signals to Mono. QuadTrol: Surround System V/C. In Wall Speaker Controls with Autoformer Protection. Stereo to Line Level Converter. And more. Innovators & Inventors.

Name:  APMatchits.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  3.4 KB

Yes an American Icon dead

Quote Originally Posted by mrhookup View Post
    Most of us are familiar with Russound & Niles Audio, and their products. Not as many of us know about Audioplex Technologies. They were pretty similar in some ways. The demise of Audioplex came recently. I have used lots of their products for many years. I still have some of their stuff in stock or on my Truck. For many custom installers it was often a very good choice. Mainly, they sold great Infra Red System products. Also, an incredible array of all kinds of volume controls. Also, Speaker switchers of all kinds, with & without impedance matching.

If you've ever done whole house Audio, impedance matching is an integral part of it. I own an Audioplex Impedicator, which measures impedance very accurately. If you think you can measure impedance with a typical Fluke type meter, you cannot. They measure resistance. If you do audio systems on a regular basis, you need to know what the impedance is. Otherwise, get used to blowing Amplifiers, speakers, etc. I still carry Audioplex matchit's on the truck. It's an ace in your pocket. I still have my Audioplex catalogs. They had a tremendous selection of wall plates in all sizes, color, and they could customize the plates with your Logo on them. It's very hard to replace them.

They had such a wide array of great products. Surround Sound Volume controls, 70 volt line V/C's. mono and much more. They have been around for decades. The owner is Ron Ingham. They will be sorely missed. The other guys just don't compare. They had great depth with their products. They sold specialized amplifiers & speakers. Some unusual products from: Sys-Tat: Volume Control & System Status on a single wall plate. VC Runner: The only way to Daisy Chain Volume Controls. Monogizer: Converts Stereo Signals to Mono. QuadTrol: Surround System V/C. In Wall Speaker Controls with Autoformer Protection. Stereo to Line Level Converter. And more. Innovators & Inventors.

Name:  APMatchits.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  3.4 KB
    As Audioplex Tech. was the only audio control company winding their own transformers for their equipment and manufacturing their own circuit boards in America, we are at a loss. My company which has been a dealer for years is struggling to find all of the products we use for our custom installation. It is a fact that their volume controls even improved room quality of sound compared to the other major brand of autoformers. Also their circuit boards on their level controls allowed us to mix the 2 channels into one speaker without taking away from the sound quality. I wish I had a company to clone some of these products.

Banned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonaudioneworleans View Post
    As Audioplex Tech. was the only audio control company winding their own transformers for their equipment and manufacturing their own circuit boards in America, we are at a loss. My company which has been a dealer for years is struggling to find all of the products we use for our custom installation. It is a fact that their volume controls even improved room quality of sound compared to the other major brand of autoformers. Also their circuit boards on their level controls allowed us to mix the 2 channels into one speaker without taking away from the sound quality. I wish I had a company to clone some of these products.
    Amen, I agree.

Banned!!!

Here are but a few of the great products that we have used over the years from Audioplex Technology. The owner was Ron Ingham. The MatchIt series. Allowed you to increase the impedance of any speaker load. Lets say you had a bunch of speakers that measured out to 2 ohms. 99% of all amps/ Receivers could not run it. They need to see closer to 8 ohms. You can get it up to 8 ohms, for example. Now, you can't really measure impedance with a Multi Meter, as that only gives you Resistance measurments. I have the Impedicator from Audioplex, and it gives you the exact impedance of the speaker load. Then there is the Constant voltage (70 volt line products). This is very important if you are doing Commercial Audio, such as in a warehouse, Sam's Club, etc. It is not difficult to set up a 70/ 100 volt audio system. Then you would know that you need to have 70 volt transformers on every speaker. (This is not your typical 8 ohm home system). The speakers are usually mono and you must calculate the load. All you need to do is multiply the number of speakers on the line. Setup the line transformers by selecting the voltage taps you want to use (say 1.5 watts each). Simply multiply the number of speakers times the voltage tap you are using. That will give you the amount of watts you will need to run the load correctly. (add a few more watts for safety sake). Now you know which commercial amp to buy for the job. Better to have more watts then not enough. I still have stock on the MatchIt units. You can simply solder the leads according to how much you want to increase the impedance. Voila!:

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  94.4 KB

Anyone found an alternate source for autoformers?

We bought our autoformers from them. Our last order was before they liquidated, and only just now discovered they're gone. No idea where else to get such good ones. Can anyone recommend an alternate source?