Thread: Marantz/Denon

Marantz/Denon

What is better Marantz or Denon? I know they are the same company but it seems that Marantz is always pricier.

When it comes to these two companies, I would shop for the best price on the features I wanted.

I would have no problem in owing or recommending either. Actually, I do own both a Denon AVR and a Marantz pre/pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    When it comes to these two companies, I would shop for the best price on the features I wanted.

I would have no problem in owing or recommending either. Actually, I do own both a Denon AVR and a Marantz pre/pro.
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post back with your list. I would be interested is seeing the models you are considering.

Post back with your list. I would be interested is seeing the models you are considering.
    I had the x1200 but I've been looking at the sr5010.

The SR-5010 looks like a good option. It has a ton of features including Dobly Atmos and DTS:X, when it's available.

It also has pre outputs if you ever wanted to add a dedicated power amp.

The SR-5010 looks like a good option. It has a ton of features including Dobly Atmos and DTS:X, when it's available.

It also has pre outputs if you ever wanted to add a dedicated power amp.
    Thanks. I just bought a Nano AVR DL with Dirac Live. At this point I'll wait for an avr and apply more room correction.

I went ahead and sold the nano. The reason is you have to have it on PCM for it to work. I'm considering the 5010 or even 6010. At the same time Dirac Live will be on receivers later on.

Seems like the newer 7.1 AVR S-710W Denon priced under $500.00 is specified to handle 4ohm speakers. I have an older analog Prologic Kenwood that has the 4ohm setting, and I'm trying to justify upgrading to the Denon. I don't use a subwoofer. My front speakers are Cerwin Vegas with a 12" woofer which are rated at 4ohms. There is a cheaper discontinued 5.1 that is also specified to handle them, but it seems to have had display problems. My Kenwood still works and sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by n3vino View Post
    Seems like the newer 7.1 AVR S-710W Denon priced under $500.00 is specified to handle 4ohm speakers. I have an older analog Prologic Kenwood that has the 4ohm setting, and I'm trying to justify upgrading to the Denon. I don't use a subwoofer. My front speakers are Cerwin Vegas with a 12" woofer which are rated at 4ohms. There is a cheaper discontinued 5.1 that is also specified to handle them, but it seems to have had display problems. My Kenwood still works and sounds good.
    If your Kenwood only has Prologic, you're missing out on a lot of great soundtracks especially on Blu-ray. Even for basic cable or satellite viewing the newer Prologic IIx or NEO:6 is much better than the original Prologic. I would make that upgrade in a heartbeat.