GoldenEar Triton Two+ and Triton Three+

GoldenEar Technology is one of my favorite speaker companies. Sandy Gross and his crew are dedicated to delivering high quality sound at a very affordable price point. Every product that I have heard or read reviews about, all share these principles and easily compare to the sound delivered from much more expensive speakers.

When I bought my HTR 7000 in-ceiling speakers, Sandy gave me a heads up about upcoming improvements on the existing Triton Two and Triton Three speakers. Basically, he upgraded the two models to deliver performance that is more inline with the company's flagship speaker, the Triton One. Now, I haven't heard the Triton One but if it's better than the Triton Twos that I heard at CEDIA, I knew this was going to be huge. I was dying to post this back in November, but I was sworn to secrecy.

Now, the Two+ and Three+ have been brought to market. Here is a video from GoldenEar explaining the upgrades to the already well received speaker models.

I think I have found my next upgrade to my home theater. Anyone else heard GoldenEar speakers?

Banned!!!

Sandy Gross is a true testament to the science of developing the optimum Speaker System. I knew Sandy back in the day when he was an integral part of Polk Audio. He has always been able to push the envelope. Better yet, he does it in such a way as, in addition to the incredible sound quality, they manage to do it at incredible prices as well.

He is genuinely doing everything in his power to up the ante. He has managed to do the same for himself as well. He was a very heavyweight guy for many years. The last time I saw & talked to him, he lost a ton of weight. (he lives in my area, and I run into him occasionally). He looks great. At first, I barely knew it was him. The other great thing about him is that Sandy has never stagnated in a position. When he feels it's time to move on, he does just that. He also did that when he left Polk Audio, and started Def Tech. He built that company to a very well respected Speaker Company. And again, when he felt it was time, he left and decided what he would do with the rest of his life. He never stagnated. He just got better & better.

He also respected his best employees, and he took them with him. Another testament to his character, is an engineer who comes out with a new & better technology (such as the GE 2+, 3+ Speaker). He doesn't just do it. If he has newer, more refinded technology, he brings it forward. This is far better then Car manufacturer's, who bring out new models every damn year, whether it's an improvement or not.

The true test of a legendary designer/ builder, is that they provide to retrofit prior models to bring them up to the current standards. Such is the legacy of Sandy Gross. This is why his products are so revered an he has the reputation that he has. He is the Gold Standard time after time. He will go down in Audio history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Anyone else heard GoldenEar speakers?
    Just me.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    Just me.
    JR
    I know you have a pair of Twos sitting in your home.

Those Triton Twos image like a speaker costing many, many times more expensive. The sound stage is simply to die for, and those were my thoughts with a crappy CEDIA demo with tons of ambient noise coming from the show floor.

I'm interested hearing the Two+.

Me too.
    JR