PC audio to A/V receiver

Hi, newbie here.

What is the best way to get PC audio output to my A/V receiver via wifi? I have a variety of audio only sources on my PC and want enjoy them through my Bose speaker system. I use Chromecast for PC video. Chromecast Audio requires use of apps that will not reproduce the audio files on the hard drive. These apps are designed to handle streaming services. I want to source from any audio files (like .wav, mp3, mp4, etc.) My receiver is Denon AVR-1709. Please help.

Thanks,
    thelonius

Apple's Air Port Express is pretty simple to set up and use. Of course you would need AirPlay on your AVR, which yours does not have or an Apple TV connected to your AVR.

Another option is to buy some type of Bluetooth adapter. If your PC already has Bluetooth, this may be the simplest way to go. I use one to stream music from my phone to a wireless speaker.

Maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion.

Here is your solution

Connect the audio output whatever it may be (optical, SPIDF or RCA) from your PC to the AVR. Your AVR has 2 optical inputs so I would highly recommend to use one of them if possible but to do that your PC needs to have an optical output.
    Remember select the right input OPT1 or OPT2

Quote Originally Posted by thelonius View Post
    Hi, newbie here.

What is the best way to get PC audio output to my A/V receiver via wifi? I have a variety of audio only sources on my PC and want enjoy them through my Bose speaker system. I use Chromecast for PC video. Chromecast Audio requires use of apps that will not reproduce the audio files on the hard drive. These apps are designed to handle streaming services. I want to source from any audio files (like .wav, mp3, mp4, etc.) My receiver is Denon AVR-1709. Please help.

Thanks,
    thelonius

Quote Originally Posted by multimediatech View Post
    Connect the audio output whatever it may be (optical, SPIDF or RCA) from your PC to the AVR. Your AVR has 2 optical inputs so I would highly recommend to use one of them if possible but to do that your PC needs to have an optical output.
    Remember select the right input OPT1 or OPT2
    I too would run a cable, but thelonius is looking for a wireless solution.

There are a good many options for wireless music adapters out there. There are a ton of them on Amazon alone. However, I don't have any first hand experience with them.

Very simple try IP encoder

Quote Originally Posted by ottoj View Post
    Very simple try IP encoder
    I'm not familiar with IP encoders. Do you have a link and description of the equipment? Is it simply audio supplied over IP like a DLNA server?

Yes, we use this encoders for our applications

Just my - two cents worth - I have plenty of old phones laying around - and most of them have gigabytes of music files of their SD Cards - I use the phones with a sub-mini to RCA stereo outputs.

It's not WI FI - but then again - there's no chance of interference and most of the flexibility of playing files from a PC-like interface......