Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

​Barry, keep us posted! Enjoy the movie as well.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Barry...have you hooked it up yet?
    David Vaughn

Yea, and photos or it didn't happen.

Gosh, the sub came defective. The volume did not work. I have a bad back so it is a bit of a production to have my friends come over and set it up, then we had to take it down and repackage it. They are sending a new one this week.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

OH Barry...that sucks! Argh...another week to wait
    David Vaughn

Yes, this is about my new sub-woofer. But first, this is a wonderful site and I tell my friends about it all the time. I have gotten such good advice….and help from Jerry, David, JJJ, Tracy and so many others. From my subs (SVS included) to my Oppo, to even the movies, I have gotten (and so have my family and friends) so much joy from my components, and I always feel secure in purchasing them.

I got my replacement sub today from RSL. Of course, setting up and then replacing the first one was a pain. First, they did NOT give me a hard time about the exchange. They had a few with the same problem and it took only a ten minute phone call, no running around and checking things.

But thanks to David’s help they gave me a rebate on the purchase and extended my warranty to six years. They got the sub here fast and gave me advice on the crossovers.

In other words, they could NOT have been nicer or more generous.

I’ve only listened for a hour. Now, this is silly. Instead of playing it at the correct level, because it is new, I have it MUCH louder, just to hear it. That will last until tonight. This is on my second system

But, wow, is it a different sort of sound from my 15 sub. It is a gentler, more subtle sound, yet stronger or deeper. It sound real and feels real. The old sub was designed for DVD Dolby 5.1 sound. This is obviously made for not just DTS MA but music.

In a week or so I’ll get into a few more details, but thanks guys. Oh, and I will put up some pictures. (and thanks again Tracy. You gave a good accurate call on the Polks and had i decided to stay in that price range that would have been my call.)
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

AWESOME !!! It's great to hear a positive customer service story, even though I hate that you had issues.

As for the Polk sub, a lot of my pinball collector buddies turned me on to it. They were using the Polk to enhance the sound of their pinball machines. They would tap into the machine's audio output, and run it to the Polk.

I don't own one but it certainly looks like a good sub for the money.