Outdoor speakers

I'm replacing my outdoor speakers and I'm considering the Snap ES-AW-DVC-5-WHT or the Niles OS5.3SI.

Your thoughts? Any input would be appreciated!

While I haven't heard that particular Episode speaker, by SnapAV, I have been impressed with every speaker I have heard from them.

I have a pair of their floorstanding towers, and we had one member who gave their in-ground outdoor sub a stellar review.

If you wind up going with the Episode speakers, tell them we highly recommended them. Either way, welcome to the forum and post back about whatever you end up buying.

Thank you for the response Tracy. I am leaning towards the snapav's and should have one of the two installed by this weekend. I'll post my decision and give you a mini review from a layman's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by jnatsu View Post
    Thank you for the response Tracy. I am leaning towards the snapav's and should have one of the two installed by this weekend. I'll post my decision and give you a mini review from a layman's perspective.
    Yes, please do. Include some photos too.

I'm looking forward to it.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

I just ordered ANOTHER pair of Snap AV Epispode speakers for my pizza oven area. I've got another 8 Snap AV speakers with 2 underground subs going in soon.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    my latest upgrades

https://youtu.be/u2q34Cqz4OA

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone128 View Post
    my latest upgrades

https://youtu.be/u2q34Cqz4OA
    I love the part where you say that you run the outdoor system at Reference level and it gets pretty intense.

Do you invite the neighbors over to keep them happy?

Also, I have often wondered how well those inflatable screens work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I love the part where you say that you run the outdoor system at Reference level and it gets pretty intense.

Do you invite the neighbors over to keep them happy?

Also, I have often wondered how well those inflatable screens work.
    I have had them over for a few showings .

My Family room is decent size (18 x 25), but with the new SVS PB-4000 its to much. The screen is great and easy to work with as I can put it away inside one of the benches storages area under the seat. The PQ is very good, I give that credit to using Blu ray player to feed the projector.
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

I have had them over for a few showings .
    Good plan. If you are watching outside, in a neighborhood, it's always good to keep the neighbors happy.

My Family room is decent size (18 x 25), but with the new SVS PB-4000 its to much.
    Too much; is there such a thing? Seriously, if you think your sub is a bit too much for your room, assuming your AVR is set correctly, maybe it's a placement issue. I love SVS and ran one of their cylinder subs for years. I found that its in-room response was higher (output) while in or near the corner. While this might be desirable in some cases, it wasn't very flat. Some frequencies were much louder than others. However, it was much flatter although slightly less bass when I moved it to the front of the room. You might experiment a bit.

When I say a bit much, I only can listen to a movie at -28 to-24. Anything higher results in window rattling and you can feel the seismic pressure (furniture shake) during heavy LFE parts. I used U571 as a test disk and I had to stop from fear of damaging the windows. I have 2 of the PB-4000's that replaced a pair of Polk Audio PW505's. The 505's will replace the Polk Audio PSW10's for the outside setup.
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX