Oppo 4K Blu-ray - It's Coming

Name:  oppo 4K.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  61.6 KB

There has been a lot of speculation about Oppo's plans for a new 4K capable Blu-ray player. Now that CEDIA has wrapped up, I'm reading that the company had a 4K player at the show. From what I read it was not an official demo, but a super secret, golden-ticket needed kind of thing.

Today when I looked at the company's website, I see the official news. There are no details but if you would like to be notified about updates and availability you can sign up on Oppo's website.

The rumor mill has reported that there will be two new models, the UDP-203 and UDP-205. Much like earlier players, the 205 will have better DACs for those looking for superior audio performance. I would imagine pricing to be more or less in-line with the current players, but I have nothing concrete to base this off of.

Anyone know any more details? David, Jerry?

Northern, CA

No contact has been very tight-lipped about the player thus far other than they have high hopes for it.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

when is the 8K version coming out? lol.
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    when is the 8K version coming out? lol.
    I predict that 8K will be here shortly after I buy a 4K projector. That's usually the way it goes.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar
    West Los Angeles, California

My contact has confirmed this.

I will buy one. NO QUESTION...

Note: I am having my Samsung UHD-Blu-ray player installed today.

this might be my first stand alone player since i bought my denon dvd player many, many, many moons ago.