Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I did an Atmos sample test today

https://youtu.be/HyL9O28VRbE
    Familyroom HT;
    AVR Pioneer Elite SC Lx502
    Blu ray Pioneer Elite 85FD
    Music Pioneer Elite N-50/Logictech Touch
    Display Vizio P series 55" E1
    Pamamax 5300EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone128 View Post
    I did an Atmos sample test today
    So, how was it?

I really want Atmos in my room but I am not to the point of upgrading my projector and Blu-ray player just yet. My Anthem preamp is good to go.

I run a 7.2 setup, but I have learn that many Atmos sound tracks are compatible to a 7.1. In addition to having a 7.2 all of my speakers are placed in the same fashion as a movie theater. The fronts Sides and Rears are all high up on the walls, so I get the 360 sound effect and fly over of aircraft as if I had ceiling speakers. Lucky my wife is a math teacher and through her rattling off above X & Y axis I figured out how to place each speaker in the right angle. The final result allows my system to give that full immersive feel and direct sounds that come from side and rear speakers. I have thought for years about getting dipole or bipole speakers but as I have read over the years those type's of speakers loose the effect of direct information of a Right rear to left front fly over or picture shift of action from one camera position to another. This is the main reason I went from a 5.1 to 7.1, to not loose that concept of what is happening on the screen. If you listen to the test sample with headphones you can hear the bird circle the room. If I had the mic at ear level you would have heard it more detailed as it passed from the left side to the left rear to right rear back around to the right front.
    Familyroom HT;
    Pamamax 5300EX

The first time I listened to that demo after getting Atmos set up with all new 7 main speakers last September my jaw hit the floor when the thunder hit. I'd had my PB-2000 set up since summer when I got it in a test spot and had enjoyed it a lot, but that demo was like hearing it for the first time. Never heard thunder through a home theater sound and feel closer to real life than that before.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Familyroom HT;
    Pamamax 5300EX

So Dray, how did the isolation pads work? I know you had some Jazz playing but not providing a before and after, I can't really tell how well they work.

My sub sits on carpet but it's concrete under it. I get a rattle with my suspended ceiling grid but it's usually a movie with pretty intense LFE. Other than weighing down the panels, there's likely no real solution in my case.

I had one AV marketing guy suggest that I hit up all my local yard sales and buy up all the Beenie Babies and use them to weigh down my panels. He said everybody has them and is looking to get rid of them cheap. Really, not a bad idea.

I had another video that shows a bit of room rattle from the window and items on the shelf over the fireplace. I had to set the subs at -20, just to get a even sound no matter the source, but that defeats the purpose of having these beast. With the isolation pads I was able to get to -14 with the music. The bass was tighter and a more controlled feel compared to the rumbling before. I will be doing a movie test run this weekend. I may use the first 10min of 007 Specter movie, that explosion of the building with these subs make you feel as if you were in the collapsing building.
    Familyroom HT;
    Pamamax 5300EX