1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominations

Name:  Rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-logo.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  40.1 KB

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has just announced their nominations for 2017. The list includes some artists who are first timers as well as a few that have been nominated multiple times.

To be eligible for nomination, the artist or artists must have released their first album or single at least 25 years prior to their nomination. Give that, these artists have released their first titles by 1991.

From the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame announcement page:
    Ballots will be sent to an international voting body of more than 800 artists, historians and members of the music industry. Factors such as an artist’s musical influence on other artists, length and depth of career and the body of work, innovation and superiority in style and technique are taken into consideration.

The 2017 nominations are:

• Bad Brains
    • Chaka Kahn
    • Chic
    • Depeche Mode
    • Electric Light Orchestra
    • The J. Geils Band
    • Jane's Addiction
    • Janel Jackson
    • Joan Baez
    • Joe Tex
    • Journey
    • Kraftwerk
    • MC5
    • Pearl Jam
    • Steppenwolf
    • The Cars
    • The Zombies
    • Tupac Shakur
    • Yes

This year, music fans also get a vote. Now through December 5, 2016, you can cast your vote for up to five artists. You simply go to https://www.rockhall.com/vote log in with Facebook or an email address, and select those whom you feel should be inducted. Fans can vote once per day, and the fan votes will be tallied along with other voting members.

The 2017 inductees will be announced in December.

It seems to me that the early Paul Revere and the Raiders should be nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by BassEarDrum View Post
    It seems to me that the early Paul Revere and the Raiders should be nominated.
    There are a lot of performers I think deserve the nomination before Tupac.

Just remember during this election year with the fan vote, not voting daily means a vote for Tupac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    There are a lot of performers I think deserve the nomination before Tupac.

Just remember during this election year with the fan vote, not voting daily means a vote for Tupac.
    I agree that Tupac does not belong there.

From this list, I voted for Steppenwolf, Yes, Journey, Cars & J Geils. Though only Yes & Steppenwolf would go on my personal list.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    I agree that Tupac does not belong there.

From this list, I voted for Steppenwolf, Yes, Journey, Cars & J Geils. Though only Yes & Steppenwolf would go on my personal list.
    Mine was very similar. I put Joan Baez and ELO in place of J. Geils Band and The Cars.

depeche mode for me...listening to 101 (concert album from "music for the masses") for the first time which starts with Pimpf (instrumental), that leads into Behind the Wheel, hooked me immediately!

Last edited by NoUDont; 10-22-2016 at 09:26 PM.

I was into Depeche Mode in college and Music for the Masses was one that was played often. Them, REM, The Cure were really popular back then.