Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Giving up on Todd.

Louis Armstrong - Satch Plays Fats CBS expanded SACD
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Well the SACD sounds so lame that I decided to do a comparison. It appears that this album was poorly recorded. That said, I would recommend the download over the SACD as far as sound quality goes. The SACD is really really bright & kinda loud.
    I forgot I have the MFSL CD of this also. It apparently really was poorly recorded. I obviously missed that as a teenager playing it on vinyl.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Colet Selwyn - This Ole House

Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Queen-A Night At The Opera in DTS 24/96 5.1 from the DTS dvd

Magenta-The Twenty Seven Club in 24/96 DTS 5.1 from the dvd

Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    Colet Selwyn - This Ole House
    That guy has a great voice. TrippleJ, are you a Bill Gather fan?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin11 View Post
    Queen-A Night At The Opera in DTS 24/96 5.1 from the DTS dvd
    This is one of those titles that pops up on Ebay for a gazillion dollars, and I kick myself for not buying it new when it was $20.

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky 96/24

I am so glad I've got this, as it seems to frequently go out of print It's up on HDT at the moment, though Hold On, Lawyers In Love & World In Motion are currently oop in hi-res). By far the best sounding version ever of his best album.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky 96/24

I am so glad I've got this, as it seems to frequently go out of print It's up on HDT at the moment, though Hold On, Lawyers In Love & World In Motion are currently oop in hi-res). By far the best sounding version ever of his best album.
    I have this on vinyl and your post reminds me that I need to clean it and give it a spin. It was a dollar bin find that looks to be in good condition. However, you never know until you give it a spin.

Yes-Close To The Edge in LPCM 5.1 from the Blu ray