Looking for new rear speakers

My brother is looking to replace his surround speakers. The old ones stopped working.

He has a 5.1 configuration:

Front Speakers are Mirage:
    · OM-10 Omnipolar Left/Right (about 7 ½ feet from listening area)
    · OM-C3 Center
    · LF-150 Subwoofer.

Marantz SR5004 Receiver powers the rear speakers only. The front speakers are powered by an Adcom GFA-5503, 3 channel amp.

Room is 15” x 23”. Ceiling is low: 7 ½ feet.

Listening is primarily to Action/Adventure movies and jazz /classical music.

Ideally, he would like:

• 3 speakers: 2 to replace the left and right rears and one to go behind him to create a 6.1 system.
    • The surround speakers to match the Mirage as much as possible.
    • To spend under $200 / speaker.

Any suggestions?
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry,

Does he want direct radiators or dipole/bipole speakers?
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Direct.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

The budget is going to be the limiting factor.

I know that the SVS Prime Bookshelf speakers are $250 each. They do have the new Prime Elevation speakers for $200 each but I know nothing about them.

I have seen some of the Andrew Jones design Pioneer speakers on Ebay that would fit that budget.

David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks. My brother got th svs speakers
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Thanks. My brother got th svs speakers
    Which ones?

The salesman at the store said that the directional speakers of the prime series would not be appropriate for my brothers room. They are more for the new Dolby system directing the sound more towards the ceiling. So he got the following,
    https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-satellite
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    The salesman at the store said that the directional speakers of the prime series would not be appropriate for my brothers room. They are more for the new Dolby system directing the sound more towards the ceiling. So he got the following,
    https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-satellite
    I'm not sure what they mean be that. The Prime Bookshelf speakers could easily be used as LCRs with a good sub.

Anyway, at least with the Prime Satellites they will easily fall within his budget.