Name:  mars.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  25.0 KB

Plot
MARS follows a crew of courageous international astronauts on its exhilarating maiden voyage to Mars and quest to colonize the fourth planet from the sun. In a unique blend of scripted drama intermixed with documentary sequences and feature-film-caliber visual effects, the series presents what the greatest minds in space exploration are doing to make traveling to Mars a reality, featuring Big Thinkers like Elon Musk, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Petranek.

My Thoughts
Billed as a “Docudrama,” the producing team of Brian Glazer and Ron Howard bring an interesting concept to the table that first aired on the National Geographic channel. I was mostly entertained by the show but found some of the melodramatic fictional elements to be more of a distraction than an actual hook to get me into the show. The interviews with real-life people, especially Elon Musk are what really grabbed on to me.

Blu-ray

Video 4/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Making Mars
  • Before Mars – A Prequel
  • Before Mars Behind the Scenes
  • Getting to mars
  • Living on Mars
  • More Mars
  • Behind the Scenes
  • Cast and Crew Interviews

Conclusion
The aspiration of getting to Mars is much like the discovery of North America back in the 16th Century. The human spirit wants to explore and Mars seems like the next best place for us to go. While the dramatic aspect of this show takes place 17 years from now, who knows if it can happen in such a short time span, but it’s certainly something I hope that can happen in my lifetime and maybe it’s what we need as a planet to come together as one race—the human race.