Oppo 205 and LG65C7

As someone who quickly bought a Betamax and, a decade later, a CD player, I have learn that it is not a good idea to be a “first adapter.” Boith of these devices were improved greatly in the next couple of generations and their prices were slashed by 75%.

So I held out for a Pioneer LDS-2 Laser disc player (which I still have for the few discs NOT on Blu Ray) and was very happy.

I did not buy a Blu Ray player during the HD contest a few years ago, but, when it was over, got a Pioneer Blu Ray, which was crap. I learned here about Oppo and got a 95. Later I moved the 95 to our smaller upstairs room and got a 105, which is still great. So I learned to wait for the Oppo.

Well, my Oppo 205 arrived today and it will go into the small room. This is because we got a 4K TV, the LG65C7, which is the third or fourth generation 4K TV. When they make a 4k (affordable) projector I will move the Oppo 205 into the big room and get the 103 for the small.

The setting up is set for tomorrow and it should not be a big deal. At least I hope! I’ll let you know how it come out!
    Name:  IMG_1770.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  33.7 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Congrats Barry!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Nice, Barry !!!

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions and seeing photos.

Tomorrow they get married to the Marantz 7011.
    it us interesting that Oppo has two,hdmi outs. One is marked Audio Only and the want you to connect the 205 directly to the tv and have an audio hdmi with the receiver.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    it us interesting that Oppo has two,hdmi outs. One is marked Audio Only and the want you to connect the 205 directly to the tv and have an audio hdmi with the receiver.
    It's for those who have a 4K display but haven't upgraded their AVR or pre/pro just yet.

I hope you have some great 4K material to feed that LG.

Lucky you, my blue eyes are shining green.

BTW, you're not the only one that had to learn the hard way about being a first adopter. I didn't learn as quickly as you , but I have recovered. It may be time to buy an OLED.
    Richard

Well, everything is set up. I have a big 65 inch screen in 4K and I still cannot read all the fine print in the auto ads.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Nor would you want to
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

congrats Barry! May you be able to enjoy many many years of enjoyment (till you want to upgrade to the latest 8K or 16K or whatever comes out! lol)..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.