Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LG OLED 7C: I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Before I give the fancy, tech review of the new LG 65C7, let me give you my thoughts.

Some of my earliest memories involved my father, who passed away when I was young. We’d watch baseball games on our 10 inch Dumont, black and white set. You had to first use a big tuning knob to get a channel, then a small one to fine tune. Then you moved the antenna around so you got the best picture and fewest ghosts.

Then, baseball games had no replay or even zoom lenses. There were three cameras and you always felt that you were watching the game from the bleachers. And you’d miss a lot. The sound was poor and you’d hear static.

Today I tuned the baseball game on my 65 inch screen. Full, unbelievable color, contrast, a sharp picture, instant replay of everything. And surround sound. 19,000 square inches of TV versus 50 on the Dumont.

How’s this new TV? If my dad were here he’d never leave the room.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry,

I bet your Dad is watching with you right now...you just can't see him
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

On a side note, I noticed an LG65B7 OLED at Costco last night for $4450. I listened hard and could almost hear it calling my name. When I got home though my 55" calibrated Panny plasma scolded me for being fickle.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    On a side note, I noticed an LG65B7 OLED at Costco last night for $4450. I listened hard and could almost hear it calling my name. When I got home though my 55" calibrated Panny plasma scolded me for being fickle.
    JR
    From what I've seen, OLED is truly the Plasma killer. Other displays just pretend.

That Lucky Goldstar was a sight to behold with 4k input alright, but the Panny has one GREAT feature on it's side:
    Paid For!!
    JR

That Lucky Goldstar was a sight to behold with 4k input alright, but the Panny has one GREAT feature on it's side:
    Paid For!!
    JR
    I find that to be a huge plus on a lot of things.

Latest update: The B9 is now $3950 at Costco. Temptations, temptations!
    JR

Latest update: The B9 is now $3950 at Costco. Temptations, temptations!
    JR
    It's only money and you really can't take it with you. My family has been in the funeral business since 1964, so I know what I'm talking about.

The oled65C7 from LG went down $500 this week. By the way, I did Not pay anywhere near that price because I traded in a ton of stuff.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    The oled65C7 from LG went down $500 this week. By the way, I did Not pay anywhere near that price because I traded in a ton of stuff.
    How is it living with only one kidney now Barry?
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast