Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

What Is The Harm In a Special Proscecutor?

I don't like James Comey.

I think he should have stayed out of the election 10-ish days before - not that Hillary shouldn't have been able to withstand the hit but he should have stayed out nevertheless.

With that said, he's got a 10 year deal and his agency was looking into some SERIOUS claims that Russia meddled in our election. When the heat got too hot for Mr. Trump - he went to his reality TV roots and "fired" him. Pretty chickenshit move but whatever - its his call right.

But when you are personally being investigated by the FBI for some serious stuff - why fight adding a special prosecutor? What is the harm? The AG has already recessed himself. Flynn, Bannon and others have ties to Russia. Rex Tillerson has received awards from Russian leader Putin.

I don't see the downside to appointing someone of the highest ethics to make sure Mr. Trump's claims of "no business or relationships with Russia" are true because if we know anything about the leader of the free world and the President of the United States it is that he ALWAYS tells the truth - right? Build the wall, drain the swamp, Comey was fired because of Hillary emails... I could go on.

The whole point of this exercise is to prove that the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to bring down Hillary's chances for election. The FBI investigation of Russian interference began I believe in June of last year. There are competing investigations going on in the House and Senate. Up to this point there has been no smoking gun leak tying President Trump (because that is what this is really all about) to Russian involvement in our election. Appointing a special prosecutor now would only delay a determination of those 3 bodies already mentioned. And we all know that's good for the Democrats in 2018.

I have to hand it to you Jerry for your unusually measured comments.

Jerry,

Give me your honest opinion...if there was a shred of proof of collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia, don't you think it would have been leaked by now? Flynn was barely off the phone with the Russian ambassador before his conversation was relayed in the New York Times. This whole exercise by the Main Stream Media and Democratic Party (aren't they the same???) is to spread FUD (Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt) for as long as possible before the 2018 mid-terms in order to slow down any progress that Trump can make in the economy (Obamacare repeal, tax reform, etc.). They are doing this because they know that IF both of those things get done and the economy starts growing at a pace between 3 and 4% per year, they are royally screwed for quite a long time. The election map isn't in their favor (due to redistricting after the 2010 election that put Republicans in so many state houses and legislators) and taking control of the House will be difficult. Furthermore, the map for the Senate is mostly Democrats defending their seats, so it makes the gains that much harder.

Jerry, please answer the first question honestly and not in a partisan way.

One last thing, IF a special prosecutor is hired, they have full access to everything under the sun and it may backfire on the Democrats because he could go looking into the leaks from the government, unmasking of civilians, the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton email server, etc....there are no checks on what they can do.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I'm no fan of Hillary or the Democrats, but to say that this administration doesn't look an awful lot like a monkey and a football is intellectually dishonest.

We didn't like it when Hillary mishandled sensitive information, and we should be consistent and not like it when (and if) Trump does the same.

Jim,

I'm not defending Trump at all...unfortunately, most of my worst fears are coming true. That being said, the guy can't take a shit without the media saying it's because of Russian influence. Most Presidents get a honeymoon period...Trump got none at all. Hell, Obama got 8 years of a honeymoon from the Press.

As for Russian influence...there has been absolutely NO EVIDENCE PRODUCED. NONE! The WaPost story about him revealing sources to the Russians has been shown to be Fake News since the information passed on was common knowledge and how would you feel if a Russian commercial jet was downed by ISIS or some other terrorist organization with American's on board or frankly, even a plane full of Russian civilians because Trump didn't let them know how credible the information was. Furthermore, Obama shared this type of information with the Russians as well, and is on the record of wanting to "share intel" with them to defeat the enemy (ISIS).

The Mainstream Media is completely losing their credibility in this whole affair. If Mueller comes back and says, NOPE, Nothing to See Here, in regard to the Russians, then what will they latch on to next?

Trump has done some good things...rescinding executive orders, signing bills that repealed non-Congressional approved overreach by the executive agencies, got the ACA "repair" bill through the House (although let's see what the Senate does with it)--I don't personally like the bill because it doesn't go far enough...it's a temporary band aid at this point. Finally, his major achievement is putting a Constitutional Conservative on the Supreme Court. He'll get another chance this summer when Kennedy retires, and probably a third chance when Ginsberg either retires or passes away in the next couple of years. That's the only reason I really wanted Trump in there versus Clinton...elections are temporary, Supreme Court picks last generations.
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Jim,

I'm not defending Trump at all...unfortunately, most of my worst fears are coming true. That being said, the guy can't take a shit without the media saying it's because of Russian influence. Most Presidents get a honeymoon period...Trump got none at all. Hell, Obama got 8 years of a honeymoon from the Press.

As for Russian influence...there has been absolutely NO EVIDENCE PRODUCED. NONE! The WaPost story about him revealing sources to the Russians has been shown to be Fake News since the information passed on was common knowledge and how would you feel if a Russian commercial jet was downed by ISIS or some other terrorist organization with American's on board or frankly, even a plane full of Russian civilians because Trump didn't let them know how credible the information was. Furthermore, Obama shared this type of information with the Russians as well, and is on the record of wanting to "share intel" with them to defeat the enemy (ISIS).

The Mainstream Media is completely losing their credibility in this whole affair. If Mueller comes back and says, NOPE, Nothing to See Here, in regard to the Russians, then what will they latch on to next?

Trump has done some good things...rescinding executive orders, signing bills that repealed non-Congressional approved overreach by the executive agencies, got the ACA "repair" bill through the House (although let's see what the Senate does with it)--I don't personally like the bill because it doesn't go far enough...it's a temporary band aid at this point. Finally, his major achievement is putting a Constitutional Conservative on the Supreme Court. He'll get another chance this summer when Kennedy retires, and probably a third chance when Ginsberg either retires or passes away in the next couple of years. That's the only reason I really wanted Trump in there versus Clinton...elections are temporary, Supreme Court picks last generations.
    Evidence produced by an intelligence product report illegally leaked by Airman Reality Winner. This was my area of expertise in the military as a cryptologic analyst. This is why Airman Winner is in jail with no bond. However the report actually proves how deep Russia went. Also Sen. Mark Rubio of Florida has stated for the record that he has seen the evidence and stated that Russia greatly interfered with our election process. Other than the leaked product report (which American citizens shouldn't have seen) the only people that have seen anything are those with a need to know and have TSSI clearances.
    You guys may have me in your experience as audiophiles, but this stuff here ... that's my wheel house. MSNBC's Malcom Nance and I worked together in Rota Spain.
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR, Oveture 1 center, QPS -1 surround side and Presence Rear, Gekko 1821 NTX rear, Infinity P-QPS Front Presence
    Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2) DCM Full Time passive subs - rear sides (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 6 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1050gtx ti, AK4490EQ based Dac with Burson OpAmp upgrades , Silicondust HDHR3 Prime network CableCard Tuner, LG 55 inch LCD, Infocus 1080p DLP Projector

Quote Originally Posted by prerich View Post
    Evidence produced by an intelligence product report illegally leaked by Airman Reality Winner. This was my area of expertise in the military as a cryptologic analyst. This is why Airman Winner is in jail with no bond. However the report actually proves how deep Russia went. Also Sen. Mark Rubio of Florida has stated for the record that he has seen the evidence and stated that Russia greatly interfered with our election process. Other than the leaked product report (which American citizens shouldn't have seen) the only people that have seen anything are those with a need to know and have TSSI clearances.
    You guys may have me in your experience as audiophiles, but this stuff here ... that's my wheel house. MSNBC's Malcom Nance and I worked together in Rota Spain.

I have no doubt that Russia tried to influence our election...like they have always done in the past as well. The 2016 election wasn't anything new for them.

The reality is that our country tries to influence other elections as well. Examples include Obama lobbying for a certain party over another in Israel, what he said about Brexit before the vote, as well as the French election (although he was a private citizen by this point). Then there are the things we do behind the lines with giving money to certain people in other countries to do our bidding.

What I'm saying is that there is ZERO evidence that Trump, or his campaign, coordinated with the Russian government to win the election...none what-so-ever. Did Russia interfere? Absolutely. Is it anything new? Absolutely not. Should we be spending as much time on this as we are? Absolutely not. It's just a way for the Democrats and their friends in the MSM to distract the voters long enough for the mid-term elections to come around. Nothing more, nothing less.
    David Vaughn

That collusion seemingly was put to rest by Comey at his recent Senate hearing regarding Donald Trump. That of course was superceded by the new obstruction charge against President Trump and that has become the new story along with the continuous news leaks. I see Prerich name dropped Malcolm Nance's name, who is a former Navy cryptologist. Mr. Nance recently called Stephen Miller, a Trump advisor, "baby Goebbels," so Mr. Nance obviously has an axe to grind.

FYI Who is Comey? It all smell's bad to me! I guess i should state this came to me in an E-mail.

While many are asking questions about why James Comey was fired as FBI director, a much better question is, “How on earth did he ever get the job in the first place?”
    Once one figures out the answer to that question, it’s easy to understand why he was fired and the kind of cushy, highly compensated position he will almost surely secure in the not-too-distant future.
    How many Americans understand what Comey was doing before he got appointed FBI director?
    I don't think one in 10,000 know.
    So, let’s start there.
    Comey was a politically connected lawyer. The closest experiences he had to actual law enforcement were very short stints as a U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he served as a colleague to future Attorney General Loretta Lynch, lasting less than a year. He served as a U.S. deputy attorney general for less than two years. But he was in that position long enough to ensure Clinton adviser Sandy Berger would get off the hook for stealing and destroying classified records from the National Archives. The documents were relevant to accusations the Clinton administration was negligent in the build-up to the 9/11 terrorist attack.
    After that, Comey got a job as general counsel and senior vice president of Lockheed Martin at a salary of $6 million a year. That same year, the defense contractor became a major Clinton Foundation donor. Coincidence? Maybe. But Comey’s brother, Peter, works for DLA Piper, an accounting firm that performed the “independent audit” of the Clinton Foundation in 2015. The firm also is No. 5 on the top contributors list the Clinton Foundation, just ahead of Goldman Sachs.
    How close are the brothers? In 2011, James granted brother Peter a $712,500 mortgage loan on his house.
    From Lockheed Martin, James Comey became general counsel for Bridgewater Associates and later a senior research scholar at Columbia Law School and, most importantly, was appointed in 2013 to the board of directors of one of the largest and most corrupt banks in the world – HSBC (Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp.) It should be noted that a year before Comey accepted the position, WND had reported documented accusations by an HSBC whistleblower the bank was involved in massive money-laundering schemes for terrorists and drug cartels. The accusations led a Justice Department investigation headed by Loretta Lynch that resulted in a $1.2 billion fine – a prosecution widely criticized for being too soft on the bank. No one was fired. No one went to jail.
    Lynch’s later nomination by Barack Obama to be attorney general would be held up for Senate confirmation as she was questioned her on her role in the case.
    Parenthetically, it’s worth mentioning that WND’s explosive series of exposes on HSBC resulted in retribution by the bank. Access to one of the stories was temporarily and illegally blocked for a period of hours at the demand of the powerful bank.
    This was the financial institution to which Comey would serve as a director less than a year later. A few months after that, he was appointed FBI director by Barack Obama.
    Those were his credentials. That was his resume. Those were his qualifications.
    He was never a cop. He was never a detective. He was never an investigator.
    But he was clearly an Obama guy – and probably recommended for the job by his old colleague Loretta Lynch.
    The rest is history, as they say.
    So, what is my prediction for his soft landing after getting the boot as FBI director?
    He will find himself in a very lucrative position ---maybe back with HSBC
    Last edited by old dust; 06-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

Nance is good....really good - I'd never doubt his work. I'm also a former Navy cryptologist....not that bad myself ...He was senior to me....but I had a really good rep - if it was out there, I could find it.
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR, Oveture 1 center, QPS -1 surround side and Presence Rear, Gekko 1821 NTX rear, Infinity P-QPS Front Presence
    Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2) DCM Full Time passive subs - rear sides (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 6 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1050gtx ti, AK4490EQ based Dac with Burson OpAmp upgrades , Silicondust HDHR3 Prime network CableCard Tuner, LG 55 inch LCD, Infocus 1080p DLP Projector