Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABC 2017-18 Fall Schedule

from variety,

"Here is ABC’s fall schedule and new series descriptions:
    MONDAY: 8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars”

10:00 p.m. “The Good Doctor”

TUESDAY: 8:00 p.m.“The Middle”
    8:30 p.m. “Fresh Off the Boat” (new time period)
    9:00 p.m. “black-ish” (new day and time period)
    9:30 p.m. “The Mayor”
    10:00 p.m. “The Gospel of Kevin”

WEDNESDAY: 8:00 p.m. “The Goldbergs”
    8:30 p.m. “Speechless”
    9:00 p.m. “Modern Family”
    9:30 p.m. “American Housewife” (new day and time period)
    10:00 p.m. “Designated Survivor”

THURSDAY: 8:00 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy”

9:00 p.m. “Scandal”
    10:00 p.m. “How to Get Away with Murder”

FRIDAY: 8:00 p.m. “Once Upon a Time” (new day and time period)
    9:00 p.m. “Marvel’s Inhumans”
    10:00 p.m. “20/20”

SATURDAY: 8:00 p.m. “Saturday Night Football”

SUNDAY: 7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos”

8:00 p.m. “To Tell the Truth” (new day and time period)
    9:00 p.m. “Shark Tank” (new day and time period)
    10:00 p.m. “Ten Days in the Valley”"
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

I'm boycotting ABC for cancelling Last Man Standing...don't care about their programming anymore.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    I'm boycotting ABC for cancelling Last Man Standing...don't care about their programming anymore.
    I never watched it. Was it that good of a show?

I never saw it either.. Actually, never heard of it to be honest. lol. I rarely watch regular TV..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    So if ABC has the Super Bowl you are not going to watch it?
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I never watched it. Was it that good of a show?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    I never saw it either.. Actually, never heard of it to be honest. lol. I rarely watch regular TV..

It's on Netflix now and it's very funny, especially if you like Tim Allen. He plays the conservative on the show, but it's well balanced and the "other side" gets to put their point of view in, unlike other shows on TV.
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    So if ABC has the Super Bowl you are not going to watch it?

Nope...I'm done with ABC. I deleted unwatched Modern Family episodes from my DVR, which was the only other ABC show I watched. Eff-em.
    David Vaughn

Every network at one time or another has cancelled a show I watched. And, for example, the cast of Modern Family are innocent bystanders in this.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I'll watch it when they hit Neflix, so ABC doesn't get the money. Fox will since they produce the show. ABC's reasoning for cancelling their 3rd highest rated scripted show shows how stupid they are in their programming decisions. It's why middle America is so pissed off.

Also, they waited until the last possible moment to cancel it so another network couldn't pick it up (which probably would have happened given its ratings, on Friday night, no less!). I hope Netflix steps up to the plate.
    David Vaughn

David,

Please do not take this too seriously. I have no love for any of the TV networks.
    First, it's a shame that you don't congratulate ABC for running the show for six years. Even when they didn't own it. Second, you are not really boycotting ABC. I do not watch the Oprah channel or Home Shopping Network but that does not mean I'm boycotting it. You only boycott something that you would normally use and since there's nothing on ABC you want to watch or not boycotting.

But the serious thing here is how. TV networks and I'll make a profit. Before 1970 the networks are allowed to own all their shows so they made profits in reruns. Till this day shows including the twilight zone on gunsmoke still get money for CBS.

That changed about 1971 the FCC said that the networks could no longer own their shows and had to buy them from independent producers. So we got great shows like All in the family and Mary Tyler Moore. Those shows are being re-run today and we're still bringing in money to those independent producers

A few years ago the FCC, noting the decline in network revenues, allow them to own their shows again. ABC does not own the Tim Allen show, fox does, so ABC will not make a profit on the back and A few years ago the FCC, noting the decline in network revenues, allowed them to own their own shows again. The Tim Allen show is owned by Fox. ABC will not make a profit on the DVDs, the streaming, the reruns and the file and revenues. After the six season of a show most of the contracts are up and the big money is sort by the cast and the production company. In other words the show will cost ABC 1/2 $1 million-$1 million more to produce each episode. With no money coming in on the backend it's just not profitable for them

If you recall the cast of the Simpsons and the cast of the big bang theory actually took less money to continue the show. We haven't heard those words out of Tim Allen.

And you notice that fox hasn't picked it up for their network and it isn't too late for it to be a window replacement show. It simply because the show is too expensive and TV advertising revenues are down. That's why I mentioned to youthat maybe ABC should be acknowledged for carrying it for six years.

And be prepared for all the networks to only air shows that they produce in the future. The individual producer may become an extent position.

Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast