Warning: The New Buckingham/McVie is a DR6 (& It's LOUD)

Took me a bit by surprise; I didn't expect this, as the Fleetwood Mac "flat transfer series" was superb.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Sorry, but what is a "DR6"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bartlett View Post
    Sorry, but what is a "DR6"?
    It's the average dynamic range of all the tracks on that album. There's a user-supported dynamic range database.
    http://dr.loudness-war.info/

You can search by album, or artist. It will show the average, lowest, highest, and a track-by-track average for that particular song. I have found it to be pretty accurate in determining if an album release has been compressed or not, at mastering.

Those with limited (compressed) dynamic range sound pretty lifeless. It's pretty much loud all the time.

For an example, look up Rush Moving Pictures. I have the original vinyl, original CD release, and I bought the high resolution boxed set that includes that album. To me, the boxed set version sounds totally lifeless. Both the CD and vinyl are more dynamic despite being technically lower resolution.