Name:  powerrangers.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  32.1 KB
Plot
The epic adventure, Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, the unlikely group of teenage heroes are the only ones who can save the planet, but first, they have to band together in order to harness their super powers and become Power Rangers.

My Thoughts
I had no desire to see this film until I saw the trailers, which made the film look actually interesting. Kudos to whomever cut the trailer because it enticed me to watch a movie that I wouldn’t have otherwise bothered to see and I would have missed something that I enjoyed. Furthermore, my wife enjoyed it too!

It’s an origin story in what’s sure to be a multi-film franchise—another from Lionsgate! The screenplay does a good job of letting the audience get to know each of the rangers and how and why they get together in the first place. The stunts are a lot of fun and while the third act drags a bit, overall it’s an enjoyable experience.

4K UHD
Video 9.5/10 (HEVC)
Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Blu-ray
Video 4.5/5 (AVC)
Audio 5/5 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features
· Audio commentary
· “The Power of the Present” Making-of Documentary
· Deleted/Alternate/Extended Scenes
· Outtakes
· Theatrical Trailer
· Blu-ray + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
I never watched the Power Rangers TV show, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one. Maybe coming in with no history was a plus. The UHD presentation and excellent Atmos track definitely helped draw me into the picture, that’s for sure. Recommended.