The Lego Batman Movie (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  batman.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  48.9 KB

Plot
    In the irreverent spirit of fun that made The LEGO Movie a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble—LEGO Batman—stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham City, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.

My Thoughts
    I absolutely loved The Lego Movie and had very high expectations of this going in. While it started with a bang, I thought the story itself was rather weak and predictable and by the end of the film, there was a bit too much Batman for my taste, although it could have been the mood I was in when watching it.

On the plus side, the animation is top notch and there are elements of story that I liked, but in the end there were too many action scenes and the frenetic pacing never really allowed me to catch my breath.

4K UHD
    Video 9/10 (HEVC)
    Audio 9/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Blu-ray
    Video 4.5/5 (AVC)
    Audio 4.5/5 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features
    · Original Animation Shorts
    · The Master: A Lego Ninjago Short
    · Deleted Scenes
    · Six Featurettes
    · Rebrick Contest Winners
    · Film Trailers
    · Lego Life Trailer
    · Five Social Promos
    · Director and Crew Commentary
    · Blu-ray + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    Maybe my expectations were too high when I sat down to watch this because I didn’t like it as much as I expected to. The first film was so refreshing and funny that I expected much of the same here, but it didn’t quite deliver. The presentation is very good though and I’ll probably revisit it at some point in the future.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. We saw this one and we did enjoy it.. Worth watching at least once.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.