Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top 20 Grossing Superhero Movies at the Box Office

According to boxofficemojo, the top 20 grossing superhero movies so far are below.
    Name:  top-movies-superhero.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  83.7 KB

======

How many have you seen?
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I've seen them all with the exception of Wonder Woman and the two Guardians of the Galaxy films.

I find it hard to see The Incredibles at the bottom of that list. Even though it's meant to be a kids film, I like its story much better than a good many on that list.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    First, this is not a World Wide List, nor is this list adjusted for inflation. Superman I and II, inflation adjusted, would be near the top.
    Tracy don't forget that the Incredible had MOSTLY a kid's audience at kids prices. In other words they had far more people going to see it than the income projects. And the Incredibles are not from a comic book.
    Finally they are not at the bottom. In a list of 120 they are 20. The entire list is not up there.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I believe Wonder Woman will climb to the top of the list as more movie viewers find out how great the show is.

Wonder woman will probably climb to be near number 10 and that's about it. It may have a greater afterlife, meaning DVDs and cable TV, but the new Spiderman movie is opening in two weeks and that will stop most of the box office for wonder woman.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

This week, Wonder Women is at number 16.

Up 2 spots!

Name:  ww.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  34.3 KB
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

JJJ, lets see a month from now.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

WW has passed Deadpool now. At number 10 now!

Name:  movie.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  43.3 KB
    Main:

Some time ago we had a discussion on the popularity of the very popular Wonder Woman movie. We all knew it was done well.

Where does it load on the all-time most popular comic book movie list?
    Well, it will probably windup 9th, maybe 8th, but don’t just go by the table here. We should add, inflation adjusted, Superman and Superman II. So WW will probably beat Guardians 2.

But hats off to Superman because it was released before the cold war broke up and had a lot fewer international markets but did so well!

Newspapers are trying to slant the WW to make it sound like that woman equaled men going to see this movie. But read carefully.

Generally on these action adventure movies nearly 2/3 of the audience are men, and about 1/3 woman. This was true for WW first two weeks, until the audience turned 50/50. But it means that during it’s two biggest weeks, it was a male dominated audience. In the end it will probably be close to 60/40. The same was true for the latest Star Wars, which also had a female lead.

So what does this mean? It means that men still like action adventure but woman can be brought into it, but not in equal numbers. I think it means there will always be romantic comedies at the movies.

What we don’t know:
    How well will this movie do on DVD and cable? Is this where many more women will watch it. Not comfortable seeing it in the theatre, will they watch it a home.

And like Superman, but unlike a lot of these movies, I think WW will have long legs (every pun intended) on TV and cable. Like Superman, it’s a movie people will watch a few decades from now.
    Name:  this one.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  102.5 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

When I wrote that the papers wanted it to look like Wonder Woman drew more women it is because sometimes what to promote something that is not exactly true or accurate, but makes a great headline.

For example, the AP wrote today, "Monkey business still pays. "War for the Planet of the Apes" took down "Spider-Man: Homecoming" at the North American box office.”

Wow, it “took down” Spidey as if it was a contest and Spidey lost. Oh well. Things will change but….
    Spider-Man Homecoming: $469,370,314
    Planet/Apes: $102,544,321
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast