The Fate and the Furious (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  fate.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  24.9 KB

Plot
    Now that Dom (Vin Diesel, XXX, Riddick), and Letty (Michelle Rodriguez, Avatar, Resident Evil) are married, Brian and Mia have retired from the game, and the rest of the crew has been exonerated, the globetrotting team seems to have found a semblance of a normal life. But when a mysterious woman (Oscar® winner Charlize Theron, Mad Max: Fury Road, Snow White and the Huntsman) lures Dom back into the world of crime and convinces him to betray those closest to him, the crew faces new trials that will test them as never before.

My Thoughts
    I’ve enjoyed all of the Fast and Furious films—except for Tokyo Drift—for exactly what they are…mindless fun. As time has gone on, the films have evolved from a caper film to having your heroes be full-fledged crime squads that use their killer driving skills to battle other criminals, terrorist, and anyone who gets in their way.

In the latest installment, Dom goes rogue but has a good reason for doing so, and battles his ex-teammates as they go from Cuba, to New York, and Russia. As I stated earlier, be sure to check your brain at the door because there are two things you won’t see in this movie—accurate physics and real-world plausibility. That being said, it looks great in UHD and sounds even better in DTS:X.

4K UHD
    Video 9/10 (HEVC)
    Audio 9.5/10 (DTS:X)

Special Features
    · The Cuban Spirit
    · In the Family
    · Car Culture
    · All About the Stunts
    · Extended Fight Scenes
    · Extended Director’s Cut
    · Blu-ray + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    If you’re a fan of the franchise, you’ll surely enjoy this installment because it has a ton of action and a lot of humor. The interplay between the cast is outstanding and although Paul Walker is no longer with us, his absence is noted in a classy way and I’m sure we’ll see another film in a couple of years as long as these things keep turning a profit. Recommended for fans.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Great review Dave! Going to watch it this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gonzalez View Post
    Great review Dave! Going to watch it this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I have only watched the first one. Maybe it's time to catch up.

Thanks for the review, David.