Looking for ceiling speakers for Atmos

I am looking to buy two ceiling (I guess) speakers for Dolby Atmos.

I am not really very familiar with Atmos, so correct me if I am wrong or add to what I am suggesting.

I have a small room 18 by 12 feet that has slowly been converted into a 4K viewing area.

I have a 7.1 system:
    Marantz 7011 receiver
    Oppo 205 Disc player
    LG 65OLED7C TV
    RSL sub-woofer
    And seven, in wall, Sonance VP88 speakers.

I DO NOT need nor would it be practical to put in wall speakers on the ceiling, I am looking therefore for smaller speakers (I guess) that could be mounted to the ceiling. My Marantz would have the outputs for those two new speakers.

Suggestions are needed!
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry,

To be clear, you don't want any "in wall" speakers like your Sonance speakers? Frankly, the Sonance VP88's would be the best choice for a "seamless" sound experience!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

David, I had the in wall speakers originally put in 20 years ago before we did a lot of remodeling and moving around. It would be very messy, very difficult and very expensive. (not for the speakers but for the installation.)
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

OK...I thought you were "Stan Lee" rich or at least Bruce Wayne rich (here I thought that Barry was your alter-online-ego).

What you need is something that you can mount to the ceiling and have it point downward...you don't want these speakers pointing directly at your seating position. Maybe some other's will have suggestions on speakers that will work...I also wouldn't break the bank on them either
    David Vaughn

Could you use something like the SVS Prime Elevation speakers?

https://www.svsound.com/pages/prime-...tmos%20Speaker

I concur Tracy...those would probably fit the bill.
    David Vaughn

I have looked into this as well, since I don't want to install ceiling speakers in a rental. It was my last "nah, I don't need Atmos" hurdle. Now that I see those at only $200 each, well, I guess I'm out of excuses...

Except I still need an HDR capable 4K projector, and that ain't happening any time soon.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I haven't heard those SVS Elevation speakers but they get good reviews. Also, they're made by SVS and those folks are like Oppo, always making super quality products.

They would be an easy "blind-buy" for me.

Yup, SVS has a very good rep around here. I always recommend them to people, based on how many times I've heard people rave about them, though I've never owned any. They have a great price range for their subs, so you can get a good one without having to take out a loan.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks guys, looking into svs.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp