Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'Game Of Thrones’ Shatters HBO Viewership Records With Season 7 Debut

According to deadline,

"last night’s “Dragonstone” episode snagged 10.1 million viewers for its premiere. Telling of how TV is consumed today, the opener pulled in another 6 million viewers on same-day DVR playback and streaming via HBO Go and HBO Now."
    =======

Did you guys catch it?

I don't have HBO so I was not able to watch the series.

If you did catch it, what did you think?
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Very good first episode that has laid the groundwork for what could be the best season yet. It has set the stage for there to be plenty of action and intrigue, that's for sure. The only issue I had with the episode is that I wanted to binge watch the entire season last night, but HBO is only releasing one episode per week. BASTARDS!!!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Have they completed the other episodes?
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I didn't watch the season opener but I am not surprised at the viewership numbers. GOT may very well be the most popular series for the network to date.

I was going to sign up for HBO Now but knew I would not be in town to see it, so I waited.

This season is going to be almost totally "off book", as it moves past where the book series left off. George R.R. Martin seems more interested in other projects and tours than completing the story. GOT book fans, you know the real ones , are dying for an ending to the series. For HBO to advance the story past the books almost seems wrong.

As my wife reminds me, sometimes authors need a break from writing or completing a story. To force it could be worse than the wait. However, I am so invested in the book series, it's so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Have they completed the other episodes?

I would suspect that all the shooting is done and the special effects are being added in post. I believe there are only 8 episodes this season.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I still have not seen this series. Most likely since I don't have HBO.

I will wait for the final series when the box set will come out.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    I still have not seen this series. Most likely since I don't have HBO.

I will wait for the final series when the box set will come out.
    Then you have plenty of time to read the books. In my opinion, it's worth it to read the books first.

yeah, that is a good idea.
    Main:

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Numbers were surely boosted by the free HBO/Cinemax OnDemand from Comcast the week leading up to the premiere.

skipped all of your posts to avoid any spoilers. Great show and Season 6 Episode 9 battlefield scene is the best since Braveheart. The first person cameras and the impact of the horses made it it spectacular!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I didn't watch the season opener but I am not surprised at the viewership numbers. GOT may very well be the most popular series for the network to date.

I was going to sign up for HBO Now but knew I would not be in town to see it, so I waited.

This season is going to be almost totally "off book", as it moves past where the book series left off. George R.R. Martin seems more interested in other projects and tours than completing the story. GOT book fans, you know the real ones , are dying for an ending to the series. For HBO to advance the story past the books almost seems wrong.

As my wife reminds me, sometimes authors need a break from writing or completing a story. To force it could be worse than the wait. However, I am so invested in the book series, it's so hard.
    Tracy,

HBO is free this weekend for DirecTV. Probably would be a mistake to watch two episodes of season 7 before watching any of seasons one through six.
    Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast