The Lincoln Lawyer (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  lincoln.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  29.5 KB

Plot
    As a defense attorney, your job isn't to decide who's guilty or innocent, it's to make sure your client gets a fair trial and to present the facts of the case in a way to provide the jury with reasonable doubt in order to gain an acquittal. Hotshot Los Angeles lawyer Mickey Hailer (Matthew McConaughey) is hired to defend a wealthy young man (Ryan Phillippe) who's accused of rape and suddenly finds himself embroiled in a game of deception that threatens not only his career, but his own life.

My Thoughts
    I wasn’t sure how well this one would hold up on a second viewing but I was pleasantly surprised. It was originally released on Blu-ray about six years ago and since I’m a fan of McConaughey, I figured that I’d give the UHD a spin to see how it held up with the new format. It’s based on a 2K DI and the upgrade to UHD isn’t that substantial. In fact, it’s hardly noticeable. The same can be said of the Dolby Atmos soundtrack, which pretty much sounds like the DTS-HD 5.1 track with some added ambience.

4K UHD
    Video 8/10 (HEVC)
    Audio 8/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features
    · “Making the Case: Creating the Lincoln Lawyer”
    · “At Home on the Road”
    · “One on One”
    · Deleted Scenes
    · Blu-ray + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    Based on the book by Michael Connelly, The Lincoln Lawyer has enough meet on the bone to make it enjoyable with multiple viewings. While not a remarkable as some other films in the genre such as A Time to Kill or A Few Good Men, it stands on its own as an entertaining piece of fiction. If you own the Blu-ray already, I’m not sure there’s a compelling reason to upgrade, but for the initiated, it may be worth a few more dollars to know you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Somehow I missed this one in its original release. If nothing else, I might grab it as a rental

Thanks, David.

Thanks for the review. Will check it out.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.